katfight 29/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
debbie purdy on the news made me sad

Hey guys,

I saw the lady by the name of debbie on the news. Seeing stuff like this really makes me sad 🙁
I really needed to say this out loud but can’t say it to my fam 🙁

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

adam1407
3 years ago

I know what you mean… I have progressive, but don’t want to face up to it… It ain’t gonna happen! NEVER!

katfight
3 years ago

@adam1407 I’m with you there… NEVER ever ever gonna happen! 🙁

northernlass
3 years ago

Me too hearing the sad news.. 🙁

qaatsi03
3 years ago

Hi,
I wish to convey my deepest sympathies to her family and friends.
I didn’t know her, yet I approved of her campaign and understood her position.
It is sad that she’s no longer with us, but good to know that she’s no longer suffering.

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

RIP Debbie – Very brave lady!

xxx

amylee
3 years ago

I had never heard of her or her work until I caught it on the news. I was really shocked and admit I cried and felt really panic-y, like ‘is this how I’ll die?’ It really scared me.

I went on line to read about her and found a new lady to admire and think her campaigning work will carry on and she’ll sort of live through that 🙂

katfight
3 years ago

@amylee i also have never heard of her and I think exactly how you say but I haven’t been brave enough to read up like you have, one day when I feel stronger i may be able to and also admire x

cameron
3 years ago

Her MS was unique to her and not a template. Remember, too, that everyone (EVERYONE!) will at some time have to contemplate their own passing. MS makes us very aware of the importance of ‘the moment’. We’ve looked ahead, gulped, then got on with living every day as well as we possibly can. Non-MSers, too, will face this – with whatever medical conditions they end up with. Do you know people who are living in a bubble and drifting along? Some day they’ll come down with a bump.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.