christeeny 08/05/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Deafness

Has anyone else experienced deafness? I’ve heard (haha see what I did there?) that deafness is really uncommon, but I’ve been deaf for about a month.

Anyone have an experience with this? It’s a cognitive loss, not an actual hearing loss, so there’s that. Hrrumph.

http://cdschristine.blogspot.com

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

DJDsouza
6 years ago

Wow, not heard of that, but heard that some people have had other auditory problems like ringing ears.

Deafness through a cognition problem is a definite bummer, but at least you know it may return 🙂

christeeny
6 years ago

Ugh, yea…I’m crossing my fingers!
A friend’s dad lost his vision completely for two months then woke up one morning and could see. I’m hoping!

Becks
6 years ago

i have selective deafness when hubby asks me to do any jobs aound the house but don’t think that counts?!?!??!! 🙂

gpeps
6 years ago

@christeeny I had a relapse this time year where I lost the hearing in one ear for about 8 weeks. As a result my balance was affected and I found it all a bit disorientating. Although it does seem pretty rare, my neuro was very calm about it and sure enough, a few weeks later it began to improve and after two months it was back to normal.

I hope yours comes back very soon. It’s really frustrating but fingers crossed youll be hearing ok in no time.

christeeny
6 years ago

Hahahahah that’s awesome. 🙂 Does it work? Lol

christeeny
6 years ago

Thanks! It’s good to know there’s possibly light at the end of the tunnel.
In the meantime I’ve become a very talented lip-reader.
I do miss music though…

Becks
6 years ago

of course it works!!!!! i’m thinking of expanding it to when he aks whether its my round at the bar!! 🙂

DJDsouza
6 years ago

Think I’d be lost without music, but at least I will be able to meditate more easily…I think controlling your mind is half the problem 😉

christeeny
6 years ago

Meditation has been my only escape!

reddivine
6 years ago

There have been some talented deaf dancers, who Feel the music thru their feet…….it helps to be barefoot on a wood floor, apparently……..

bubblesgalore
6 years ago

When I was at my worst, I had a tendancy to tilt my head to the side, and my hearing was muffled on that side. This has cleared up as the double vision – horizontal and lateral. I hope i am now coming out of it, as my balance is improving on a daily basis. Although I was not deaf, my hearing was impaired by the relapse…..
Take care
xx

jat721
6 years ago

Hi! I experienced a loss of hearing in my left ear. It slowly improved after having 3 days of steroid infusions, due to several issues during a relapse. It took a good month before I felt it was fully back. It went from loss, to ringing, then to just being muffled/ringing in loud busy places such as the mall. Now I feel like it’s fully back.

scotkiwi
6 years ago

Yup, I felt like I need to pop my ears after a longhaul flight, but it doenst work as they are not blocked. Similar to @gpeps actually. It took about 2 months to go away, and putting it down to some weird form of relapse of sort.

scotkiwi
6 years ago

I apologise, my grammer in that last post was awful…!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.