Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @ninita and welcome.

It’s good of you to join us and ask the question rather than be presumptuous.

MS is not the condition it once was. Whilst it is incurable, a lot more in known about it and how to manage it.

There’s a short guide to MS here :-

http://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/a-short-guide-to-understanding-my-ms.pdf

And, you can find further introductory information by following the “Newly Diagnosed” tab here :-

https://support.mstrust.org.uk/shop

And, feel free to ask any questions you may have here. 😉

ninita
1 year ago

Thanks so much. I want to learn as much as possible. He is very open with some issues, but I know there is so much he is holding back.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Treat him like a king and be sure to give him regular massages (cheeky grin) at least once a day should suffice but more the merrier.

stumbler
1 year ago

@ninita , we’re very careful not to let MS define us. So, be there to talk about it, if the subject arises. Otherwise, it’s just another part of his character……….

Anonymous
1 year ago

@stumbler – talking sense as ever

@007Hud – that wishful thinking

@ninita – MS will only be a part of your jouney with him (even some people with MS can be arseholes) so you do right to find out the official descriptions of MS, & read the posts around here for the inside scoop on how we think & feel about the condition, best of luck, love him for all he is, & don’t feel guilty dumping him if he turns out actually a jerk, disabled or not a jerk is a jerk.

ninita
1 year ago

Thank you all for your response. We are in the beginning stages of dating 😉 I am reading a lot about MS. He has primary progressive. This kinda scares me but I am willing to not let that define him. It is hard y’all.

reddivine
1 year ago

ninita : you got together cuz you fancied each other right? He and presumably you, are looking for a date/ girlfriend/ lover, not a nurse. So enjoy, get to know each other and see where it leads.
As someone who joined a dating website post- MS, I wen t on many dates and woul’nt tell folks to start with. you hardly want a sticker on your head saying I HAVE MS. But if it looked like going anywhere THEN I did tell em. Its like, THIS is why I fall down, get tired, can’t walk straight and is only fair to let them know.

Its true, some folks run a mile, and drop you like a hot brick but you seem to be doing the opposite so i think he’s won the jackpot there!

chuds
1 year ago

Ninita: I have joined the dating world and I was diagnosed with MS in 2015. Apparently I had already had it for 10 years.. now I understand all those odd things that would happen (like my flip flop on my right foot would never really stay on my foot whilst walking)!! Anyhow, I have just joined the dating world as well and I could only ever hope that whichever guy I meet, and decide to tell, takes the news as well as you did.. Looking into MS to learn more about ‘Life with MS’ or ‘Life with an MSer’ rather than running. I have that fear… that people then prejudge me like MS is a label or something. I would like to say.. good on you! MS is like my buddy, I take her everywhere and do most things with her in mind, so it will be a part of your relationship for sure; it is best to get to know ‘him’ too 🙂

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@tog1 after 3 litlens it is rather wishful thinking on my part but if I can help a out a bro 😉

Anonymous
1 year ago

@doubleo7hud thanks for the kind offer, but I’ll pass, 😉

lucyh
1 year ago

hi @ninita, I think you got some wonderful advice here, and the best is from @tog1. Don’t stay for a minute with someone because they have MS…stay only if you really like/love them.

I was in a relationship that I stayed in simply because X had been through some hard times. However, X was gone when it was the other way around and MS started to show up (thankfully he wasn’t around, as I then met my husband and now we have a family…you never know how things will go).

So also take a look to see how he supports you in your life; he has MS, it doesn’t meet he gets to rule the roost!

Take care, lucyh xx

ninita
1 year ago

Thank you chuds! I am very greatful he told me early on. I knew something was not all there on our first date. I know it must have been hard for him to tell, fear that I might run. But, he is just so charming and funny that I had to know more. Honestly, it scares me a bit. But, we never know what the future holds. So for now we are enjoying each other… Whooop ?

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@tog1 I wasn’t offering pulling cords is not my bag baby I prefer a shove not a pull lol

Anonymous
1 year ago

@doubleo7hud you are quite seriously a very, very strange man – but liking it 🙂

what a topic on thread called dating – lol

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@tog1 just being honest mate “it’s the pills”

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Just realised tho that last one does sound dodgy when I repeat it back depends how you take it I think I best rephrase the previous comment lol

Ahemmm what I ment was I….. can’t. E arsed leave it at that he he

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.