Last reply 6 months ago
Dating

So, I’m not sure if it’s me or not but dating has become difficult for me. I feel like my significant other talks to me as if I’m a child or like I just don’t understand period & it’s getting to me badly. We’ve been dating for over 2yrs & I’ve been saying the same thing to her, that I don’t like how to delivers messages to me. She’s told me before I’m just sensitive but today it happened again & I didn’t mean to call her out of her name but I did. I guess I got overwhelmed this time around for me to even come at her the way I did. I apologized, but I want to know does anyone else have this same issue. Where it seems like your significant other just talks to you crazy & not knowing why?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 months ago

@tailormade , having MS is a big burden to carry around and, unfortunately, our partners can’t quite understand the impact that this can have on our lives.

It is down to us to take this into consideration in order to avoid causing friction. Just accept that we can be sensitive and sometimes we just need some space to feel sorry for ourselves. But, keep these moments to yourself, rather than “rock the boat”.

grandma
6 months ago

You talk about dating, but my other half and I have parted company after 43 years of marriage. Mr government didn’t help but it was not all his fault, but we have never been so settled, he visits every other day (to walk our dogs) and is far more helpful and concerned than he used to be. Best thing we ever did, so there’s a perspective from an old codger who has had the beast for at least 25 years (that I know of, but so many things fell into place going back to childhood) so think long and hard before making decision but in the end do what’s right for YOU.😍l

novemberrain
6 months ago

Oh all the time @tailor made. Yesterday I moved a box of tissues when I was cleaning and he got frustrated by my inability to remember where I put them. You can imagine how I reacted 😉 This is standard. Yes I agree with @stumblr remove yourself from the situation to avoid further disturbance. And @grandma all I can say is “if only”. All about those little people 🙄

novemberrain
6 months ago

@tailormade unfortunately they may have been created this way and either you will learn to ignore it or you will move on. Good luck, I totally understand ☺

tailormade
6 months ago

Thank you guys for the response on my feed. I wasn’t sure if anyone would respond but with that being said, thank goodness I’m not the only one feeling this way. I was beginning to think it was me & this is why I’ll never have a descent relationship where my partner would understand me & reassure me that everything will be fine. I know we’re still a work in progress due to the fact it’s only been 2yrs but it was making me get into a depression that I’m not wanting to fall into.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.