Last reply 5 months ago
Cryotherapy

Have you ever tried whole body cryotherapy? I have an opportunity to do three, 3.5 minute, sessions with liquid nitrogen, not ultra cold air. The temperature can get as low as -250°F.

Did you like the effects it had on your body? Is it worth it? Thank you for any feedback or stories!!

-Mayvår

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

salvador
5 months ago

I’d be very interested to hear how that works. Liquid nitrogen ‘burns’ the skin and is used to remove lesions and scars. I accidentally dipped my thumb into it at college (through a thermal glove) and I lost feeling in the thumb for months. If you were immersed in liquid nitrogen, I think you’d die pretty quickly.

stumbler
5 months ago

@mayvar, this is a new one on me, but there appears to have been a few studies. Here’s a recent one :-

https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/477580

novemberrain
5 months ago

Where can you do this? I’m astounded tbh. You would freeze to death! Body cooling as @stumbler mentioned is a totally different process to being submerged in liquid nitrogen. I’m concerned!

novemberrain
5 months ago

mayvar
5 months ago

Ha! I’m a scientist and I have no idea WHY I said liquid nitrogen! Oops!

I think I may try it out and report back. ….or just go to up to the northern islands at home in Norway.

-Mayvår

strictlysoca
5 months ago

Why will it help MS? It sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.