Last reply 6 years ago
crappy week(s)

I’ve been having a really crappy few weeks. I’m tired ALL the time! My weakness is so low, my right hand is so numb yet painful too that I need help doing the most basic of things like doing my hair, holding a bag, putting an earring in. It’s embarrassing and I don’t know what to do 🙁

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

GMG
6 years ago

Hello, RRMS means that this will probably get better as the relapse subsides so take heart that it will hopefully not last too long. If it’s really getting you down, ask your MS nurse if there’s any medication you can get to help you. Also ask if you can be referred to a physio who can help with general muscle strength. And the main thing is to make sure you’ve got someone to support you through this! You don’t have to do it on your own.

Gav
6 years ago

First things first, could you be having an infection? Infections can bring about relapse like symptoms, but thankfully once the infection has gone, things will return to normal. I did end up in hospital with an infection one year, not much fun, but things quickly went back to normal after the infection went =)

Have you got contact details for your MS Nurse? You should contact her and if you are having a relapse. she can get you an appointment to see a neurologist.

I know it can be a scary, wierd time when you have some new symptoms, especially when you’re young and recently diagnosed. I had a summer I’d rather forget about, having to ask someone else cut up my dinner and feed it to me is damned embaressing, especially when it was one of the pretty student nurses, could have been worse I suppose.

Parisa
6 years ago

Thanks Gav you’ve given me some good advice – it’s nice having someone who gets me 🙂 Everyone is so lovely, all my friends and family, but I really hate burdening them with my problems and I feel like sometimes they just want to wrap me in cotton wool!

Well I’m prone to water infections but I went to the doctor and I don’t have one but I’m on antibiotics now for my skin.

Another typical thing is that my MS nurse is off until next week whilst the other one is off until tomorrow so I haven’t been able to call them although I will do tomorrow 🙂

Parisa
6 years ago

Thanks Gav and GMG soooooooorrrryyyyyyyy

Parisa
6 years ago

Thanks Gav you’ve given me some good advice – it’s nice having someone who gets me 🙂 Everyone is so lovely, all my friends and family, but I really hate burdening them with my problems and I feel like sometimes they just want to wrap me in cotton wool!

Well I’m prone to water infections but I went to the doctor and I don’t have one but I’m on antibiotics now for my skin.

Another typical thing is that my MS nurse is off until next week whilst the other one is off until tomorrow so I haven’t been able to call them although I will do tomorrow 🙂

Cariad
6 years ago

Hey Parisa:)
Re the practical advice, I think Gav and GMG have already summed it all up. On a personal note though, although it can be hard, I find that it helps to just admit to yourself that bad patches will come and go. By admitting to yourself that it’s ok to have a bad day, I tend to find I don’t beat myself up emotionally so much when I can’t do the things I would normally take for granted cz I know that there will be good days and bad…I’m not being lazy-I’m fatigued, I’m not ‘not helping’, I simply can’t etc. It also makes it easier for me to accept help from my boyfriend-he’s not trying to ‘do it all for me/ take over’…he’s on a learning curve just like us learning where I need help, where I need him to take over and how to make sure I don’t feel patronised/ treated like a child etc even when there are times that I’m truly reliant on him. It sucks when you can’t do the basic things but learning to work around it helps. It’s ok to have low days, we’re only human and my attitude is that there’s always tomorrow. Sounds cheesy but we should be proud of the baby steps we make. Perfect example, when I couldn’t lift my arm/ hand at all, a week later when I could just about hold a cuppa was monumental:) MS can’t be beaten but a positive attitude definitely seems to make it easier to deal with. Hope you’re feeling a bit better:)xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.