Last reply 3 years ago
Crappy Trifecta

In the last month I received my diagnosis, my mother-in-law passed away and today my husband lost his job. Quite the trifecta! I had such high hopes for 2015! Trying to stay positive, but sometimes its tricky! I just needed to vent a little.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@jay23 , venting is good for you, it gets it off your chest.

So, the only way is up now…… 😉

cameron
3 years ago

I can’t offer any help but I do send you the biggest hug xx

gemmat2014
3 years ago

Things can only get better from now on x

andypearl
3 years ago

So sorry about your husband job,,,, what is it in may I ask?

us-emma
3 years ago

Well I can think of one bright spot- if you were destined to get MS- now is a good time to find out- so many good first line therapies have come on the market recently that can really halt the disease.

I wish for you a good support system & a cracker-jack doc who can help you put this disease on the ‘back burner’ of pressing concerns!

I hope your husbands jib situation sorts itself out, but I see an interesting dynamic of the 3 events that allows for precious family time amidst the tumult.

Time for each other & support of one another, may your coming days hold peace & solace.

gemma81
3 years ago

Hi jay23, so sorry to hear ur news. My start to 2014 was crap, 1st me being diagnosed with MS then my sister in law was expecting triplets but sadly she lost two of her babies but she has a healthy and beautiful little girl. I started my MS meds tecfidera in November relapsed Xmas week but with the love an support I have from family an friends have made me stronger. I Evan went an had the MS ribbon tattooed on my foot as I’ve accepted it an I look at it everyday and think to myself I will fight every step of the way. Its now my friend. Be strong things will start looking up. Take care

jay23
3 years ago

Well, the stress caught up with me and I am having another relapse, or so I think. Everything is burning. This is beyond discouraging. I feel like I am constantly relapsing. Meh… need to get out of this funk. Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer! I chat with my hubby, but I don’t want to stress him out with everything else going on. I haven’t told many people, just my parents, my husband and one friend. Sometimes I want to scream it out at the top of my lungs and other times I want to be just known for me and not my ms. Oh the roller coaster of emotions.

stephanie
3 years ago

I am sorry to hear this. I hope 2015 starts looking better. Good luck for the rest of the year

jay23
3 years ago

Update: 2015 got better! My husband got a job, better than his last, and I just found out I am pregnant! I am having a crapy relapse, but I have MS so what else is new?!

northernlass
3 years ago

OMG Congratulations on two fronts there @jay23 your hubby for his new job and the both of you for getting pregnant 🙂 Wish you all the best and hope that crappy relapse ends soon 😀 Best wishes.

jay23
3 years ago

Thanks @northernlass! I am super excited and felt like I usually come here to complain and even though I did mention my crappy relapse, I really wanted to write something positive for once!

tabbycat
3 years ago

Babies are brilliant
– such a lot to look forward to !

grahamjk
3 years ago

Hi @jay23 first off congratulations on the pregnancy, secondly I can beat your crappy year. January 2014 my wife of 9 1/2 years died aged 42, was diagnosed in April, and made redundant after 8 years service in August and I’m sure I’m not the worst off so all I can do is grin and bear it. So all the best to you and your family.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.