Last reply 2 weeks ago
Court Cancelled

Well now you’ve heard it all. Lawyer called me yesterday to tell me there was no point in spending money on a disabled taxi to get to court on Monday as DWP has asked for an adjournement which will be granted! Apparently 10 months is not long enough. When .I finished crying, lawyer told me that it’s not all bad news. Apparently, judge is not best pleased with DWP so they’re on the back foot. Lawyer says they are scrabbling to hide something that they don’t want the court to see.Apparently I was at about 85% certain to get a favourable decision, but that has now gone up to 95%, but the downside is hearing will now be 6-8 weeks from Monday, and as it takes 4mths to order car because of adaptions and then another week or two to get tow bar fitted so even if the judge says yes half of another summer will have gone. Quel Suprise, they really do want us to crawl in a corner and die, I’ve got news for them, they’ve picked the wrong person. Onwards & Upwards.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

You hang in there @grandma , we’re all behind you.

vixen
2 weeks ago

@grandma, no more crying, you are such a tough cookie and have been really badly treated. But your case is so strong, and now when you have your day in court you can explain how this ongoing delay has had an impact on your condition. Keep fightin’ Grandma, you know you’re gonna 𝗪𝗶𝗻! X

merfield
2 weeks ago

Up the MSers I say. Keep going @grandma, show ’em what we’re made of. It’s disappointing you’ve got to wait but they’ve got live with themselves. Don’t let the buggers get you down👍🏻xx

grandma
2 weeks ago

Fantastic news folks, Lawyer rang me last night, he had finally received ‘the bundle’By e-mail, unheard of in 8 years he says. Apparent.y letter from ms nurse is that good and we don’t need anything else. Hes coming to ‘rehearse’ me this morning, apparently I have to play the game and present myself as a poor, downtrodden individual, have to keep my mouth shut, won’t be easy, and just answer wuestions to present myself in the worst possible light. Will let you all know Mon pm if it’s worked🤞🥊

dominics
2 weeks ago

Illegitimi non carborundum

Anonymous
2 weeks ago

Best of luck @grandma

peterfrancis
2 weeks ago

@grandma

Bloody typical of the DWP, they are likely looking for ways to try and Sanction you, lol.

When the time does finally come round, best of luck.

watsoncraig
2 weeks ago

@grandma , what are they scared of?

grandma
2 weeks ago

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. Just seen the lawyer, he has rehearsed me on what I can and can’t say, took an hour and a half, but I am paying so can’t really complain. @dominics had to look it up cos I had my suspicions and I was right!🤞😍

highlander
2 weeks ago

@grandma
Practice your Paddington Bear stare!!
I wish you luck!!
Honi soit qui mal y pense !!

grandma
2 weeks ago

By the way @highlander didn’t know you were a member of the elite Order of the garter👏😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.