Last reply 3 weeks ago
Could i have MS ?

So sorry if this is too long.
In 2014 i was referred for 2 MRI scans after getting pressure headaches at the back of the head, and pain in my neck. The reports came back saying…(MRI Head): ‘There are foci of high signal intensity in the periventricular and subcortical white matter of both hemispheres. These foci are nonspecific. Demyelinating disease, MS is the first option but small vessel disease cannot be excluded completely. And my spine report said i have cervical spondylosis in the C3/C4 to C5/C6 indenting the anterial epidural space. Also narrowing of some cervical neural foramina, bilateral at C3/C4, at C4/C5, the left at C5/C6 and right at C7/T1, that may cause irritation/entrapment. There are prominent intervertebral disk protrusions at T2/T3 and T3/T4 no contact with spinal cord. (phew!!)
My docter said i had cervical spondylosis with radiculopathy and White matter lesions, the later being caused possibly by blood pumping into or out of my brain too fast. He really didn’t explain anything and kinda steered the conversation to the spondylosis.
A couple of years passed and i complained of fatigue and periods of numbness and/or pins and needles, slight spasms/leg jerks also in arms, neck, hip area, headaches, vision problems, slight forgetfulness and new pain in my lower back. I also told him i had bladder issues, contant urge to go to pee, even after going, and some days unable to get signals that i need a pee, for hours and hours, sometimes all day. He said it was due to the spondylosis, and said i have a confused bladder, and referred me for a lumbar mri only. Lumbar scan found a Schmorl’s node on the endplate of T11 and disc bulging at L4/L5 with the disc in close proximity to the L5 nerve at the lateral recess causing possible nerve irritation. And minor facet joint degeneration at L5/S1.
So i understand the spine report and the lumbar but not the head report.
Now in 2018 i still have bladder problems, bad fatigue, bigger spasms/twitches, constant bouts of numbness/pins and needles in face arms legs. Days where i’m too hot/cold, night sweats, blurred vision at times, got terrible memory problems and have trouble with recollection, temper problems, i get dizzy, especially outside, i have balance issues, nausea, anxiety, baths make me feel weird, depression and i’ve slowed down a lot.
I’m worried that they might be concentrating too much on my spine as to whats going on in my head and missing possible MS. The only member in my family to have MS was my aunt (Mum’s side), she had severe MS, wheelchair bound and unfortunately died due to complications relating to the disease, and recently my dad has been getting mobility problems and dizzyness and memory issues. My doctor says ” Soldier on ” when i asked what can i do ?
So is it possible i might have MS (amongst many other issues, lol) ?
Any advice or an explanation about my mri would be great. I am new here today, and please forgive me if i am slow to reply. Hope this wasn’t too boring and long.
Kind regards
CK

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

epiphanypoet
1 month ago

You need to see a different doctor, in my opinion. Good luck and God bless. 🌹

edmontonalberta
1 month ago

@ck-uk

None of us are doctors. I almost guarantee none of can make sense of what you wrote.

Good luck figuring out what is going on with you… If diagnosed with MS, this is the place to visit… 😉

dan_saunders
1 month ago

Sounds like you’re having a right ol time of it!

Definitely ask for a second opinion, I think if your gut is telling you something isn’t quite right then it is always worth following through on that instinct!

lightning87
1 month ago

Definitely follow your instinct and ask for a second opinion. All the best x

jodieb
1 month ago

Again not a doctor, but from what I can gather, the symptoms of MS are so varied and vast and most overlap with an lot of other conditions. The only way to be sure (well, as sure as they can be) is to have an MRI and a lumber puncture test.
I understand how frustrating and worrying it must be for you; I waited several years to be referred to my neurologist and in the end my doctor only sent me so that she could rule it out! Turns out she was very wrong. If you’re not happy with the care your doctor is offering, then the advice is as above – ask for a second opinion.
Good luck!

ck-uk
4 weeks ago

Thank you all for your replies and advice. I have been referred for another round of MRI scans, head, T spine, and L spine, going to wait to see what comes from those.
Last time i was referred they replied and gave me a scan date within 2 weeks, this time i’ve been waiting since June, i don’t know how long the wait is on average as both my previous scan date letters came within a two week peroid from referral. I suppose 3 months isn’t a long time waiting. We’ll see, take care all.

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@ck-uk , just be aware that mistakes do happen and things get overlooked.

A polite phone call, to confirm that you haven’t fallen through the cracks is in order. 😉

grandma
3 weeks ago

Agree with Stumbler. I had a major problem just 2 weeks ago when I was in A&E, 5 1/2 hrs waiting for an X on suspected booken Femur, 62 yrs old with ms, had a word with nurse questioning length of wait, she agreed and went off to investigate, came back very sheepishly, apparently I had been ‘overlooked'(her terminology not mine). Always worth asking. By the way, despite nurse lodger, ambulance men, A&E doctors and nurses everyone thought it was broken,it wasn’t so very grateful😍

seanachai
3 weeks ago

@ck-uk

you have a right to second opinion; I would get one ASAP from a new Neuro.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.