jules5255 06/02/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Coping!!

Hi All
My first conversation! I am struggling at the moment with fatigue and wondered if anyone has been in the same situation? My dear 89 year old Mother has just been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. She is really poorly in hospital with scepticism also. I want to visit all the time but I can’t seem to be able to please everyone without suffering for it!!
Any suggestions please
Jules

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@jules5255 , I can feel your frustration.

You can’t please all the people all of the the time. So, please some of the people some of the time. 😉

jules5255
1 year ago

Hello stumbler
True but unfortunately I haven’t learnt to say no!!!
Jules

stumbler
1 year ago

@jules5255 , you have a finite amount of energy, so you have to use it optimally. I know, it’s not easy. It’s like money, there is never enough!

But, you sound like my type of lady – can’t say no! lol 😉

jules5255
1 year ago

?

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

@jules5255 can you train my lovely wife to be in the art of not being able to say no too please.

@stumbler you bloody smoothy yer he he he

stumbler
1 year ago

Ha Ha! Watch and learn, @doubleo7hud

emma_louise_adley
1 year ago

I know the feeling I have a 3 and 5 year old I can’t please them all the time but I’ve managed to say no to something to be able to do other things later

gorman68
1 year ago

I feel you on that and how it is hard to say no! I moved into my folks home to take care of my mother who was DX with Parkinson’s about 1995. She is a real go getter but the last several years has become increasing hard for my father. Which is why I moved in. Sometimes we need to put ourselves first which feels very selfish. I have to do that for me on the weekends and is still difficult.

Maybe change your schedule to be able to see your mom and forgot the other things that are not as “important”. Figuring out what is most important to YOU and working around that. The others will understand, especially since your mom is Terminal. Now is the time for you and her and the rest can wait. Life is precious and you know what you want to do. Do it but be aware of you. Like I said others will just have to understand given the circumstances of your mom.

All the best to you and your Mom and hope that you both have peace during this trying time in your lives.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.