Last reply 1 year ago
Copaxone time of day to inject

I’ve been on Copaxone for 6 years and always done my injections early evening, however I’m beginning to wonder if it would be easier to do them first thing in the morning when I get up. Does anyone have any advice on how to change the time? Is it best to do it gradually changing it by a couple of hours every day until I get to the right time for me?
Any advice would be great

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
1 year ago

I took Rebif shots and they were recommended late in the evening because of the flu like side effects. Did your Copaxone come with any recommendations? Potter

Demelza
1 year ago

No. I think they just said when you were relaxed

moobles
1 year ago

I take Copaxone 3 times a week but was told to take it when my energy levels were highest. I laughed that I didn’t know when that was(!) but my MS nurse suggested first thing in the morning so that’s what I’ve done. Not sure if that’s best or not!!

adamski
1 year ago

I was injecting copaxone for over 3 years and have recently changed. I always injected in the mornings. Couple of times I had to inject in the afternoon and I just did them 2 hours earlier each day for a few days to get them back where I wanted. Always did them early as I felt that’s the way I wanted to go. Good luck, Adam.

hope33
1 year ago

I’ve been injecting Copaxone for just under a year now and do mine in the evenings just before I go to bed.

Why do you want to change your timing, Demelza?

jenny4hughes
1 year ago

Im on Copaxone, I take it in the afternoon as it was suggested that if I take it at night you may end up scratching the injection sites in your sleep.

classyb
1 year ago

Hello, I’ve been on copaxone for 9 months now and my nurse suggested first thing in the morning as it can give you energy and doing it in the evenings might affect your sleep? I do mine in the morning and its fine

isaacson72
1 year ago

I do mine first thing in the morning, never had a problem. As for switching… I don’t know, I’ve never switched. Do you do the 40 mg three times a week? I do mine Mon, Wed, Fri — if I were to switch time of day I’d probably just start the switch on Monday without monkeying around with slowly changing times. But, then again, I’ve never switched times so not sure what’s best.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.