danrb80 24/05/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Copaxone, Avonex or Rebif? Help

Which one shall i take? I dont like the side effects listed with Copaxone but have had Graves disease in the past and have heard that Rebif and Avonex can cause thyroid problems. What can i do? Or shall i bite the bullet and choose Copaxone :/

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Gav
5 years ago

You won’t know whether you will experience any of the potential side effects until you try it, so just look at the definates, Copaxone 7 injections per week, The three interferons between 3/4 injections per week or one, although it is a bigger needle. I was on Copaxone for two years with no side effects, I only changed meds as I started relapsing quite heavily again, but hey, thats my MS for ya.

danrb80
5 years ago

I think i will choose Copaxone no blood tests and seems better for me

eMarshallZo
5 years ago

am on copaxone at the moment, if your up for taking it everyday and can cope with the stinging and lumps go for it 🙂 am changing to rebif soon, cant cope with the 7 day injection i refuse to do it

Anonymous
5 years ago

I’m taking Rebif b/c I can manage taking 3 shots per week (Sun, Tues, Thurs).

richi1990
5 years ago

Hey! ive been using rebif for a year, and it has made wonders for me! its works fine, and the new presentation made it easier to use. u can check about it in google (rebismart). Let me tell u my experience, after one year i had scans of my brain and spinal cord, my spinal cord was clean, and my brain had two scar, compared with the scan when i was diagnosed, i had it almost mielinized again. There was also glial regeneration, which is something that u can wait for. So theres my experience, hope u are fine.

stumbler
5 years ago

I assume you’ve had a good look around this website for people in your position:- http://www.msdecisions.org.uk/

Hope it helps.

danrb80
5 years ago

I will have a peek at the site i have chosen copaxone as the risk to my thyroid worries me on the other drugs also having blood test to check kidney also worries me :s but. I hope copaxone does the trick for me

carly111222
5 years ago

I am on rebif and it is brilliant yes the injection stings a tiny bit but had no side effects yes you have to have a blood test every 3 months for the first year but way I look at it if you can inject yourself 3 times a week a little blood test ain’t no problem : ) good luck wateva u choose

danrb80
5 years ago

Thanks everyone im gonna choose Copaxone as Rebif worries me with having to have blood tests. It isnt the blood test that bothers me i had to have them every two weeks for a year when i had graves disease. It bothers me why they need to do a blood test to check your liver function and thyroid i cant afford my thyroid to go wrong again :(. So Copaxone it is. You have all been fab thank you. 🙂

cameron
5 years ago

I think I’ve said this already in another post (?) but when you go on Copaxone, after a bit you get contacted by the company and asked if you want their free magazine It’s quite good and they also offer a telephone helpline for any injecting issues. I rang them once when I couldn’t get through to my hospital’s MS nurses. They were good. I’ve found Copaxone quite easy, because you’re less likely to forget if it’s a daily routine. Also, although you’ve got to keep it in a fridge, you can have it at room temperature overnight (for a few days, actually)-this makes it easier to travel with it. You’re given two travel cases which are ideal. Only one thing to watch – vary the injection sites, because in time if you haven’t, you can get ‘dents’ in the skin. But the nurses will show you how to avoid this. All in all, it’s been very easy and since taking it (for 8 years) I’ve only had two very minor relapses (got better in a week). The neuro says it’s all down to the Copaxone. Good luck!!!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.