vanessa 28/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Copaxone and pregnancy

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to check has anyone taken copoaxone throughout their pregnancy? I only ask as I have just found out I am pregnant (ahhh) and last November my neurologist said once I get pregnant I should stay on the copaxone throughout the pregnancy. I’m nervous this may harm the baby however I’m also nervous if I come off and have a relapse!!

Any advice from those who’ve been through something similar would be really great! X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mrss2008
1 year ago

Hi. Congratulations!! I didn’t start on medication until 3 months after birth of my son but throughout my pregnancy I felt the best I’d felt! They do say that hormones in pregnancy reduce ms symptoms. It’s a difficult decision whether to stop dmd’s when pregnant, there aren’t many experiences, or whatever the word is as I can’t currently think of the right word! It’s your choice which I appreciate doesn’t help, but if it was me, I’d rather come off than risk the health of my baby. Good luck in your pregnancy and hope it goes smoothly. Xxx

vanessa
1 year ago

Thank you so much for your response! 🙂 I spoke with my nurse last week and he has said to keep on the drugs until I get through the first trimester – just in case I miscarry then come off them. I think this is what I’ll do! Thank you so much for the advice – I hope you are keeping well with your little one! Xxx

mrss2008
1 year ago

Sounds good especially as he has the medical knowledge!
I have a boy (he’s 3) who never sits still but wouldn’t change him for the world 😀 Xx

bowlocks
1 year ago

According to the Barts Blog Copaxone has been declared safe in pregnancy.

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2017/02/clinicspeak-newsspeak-glatiramer.html

vanessa
1 year ago

Thanks so much for this bowlocks!!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.