kerriejayne 04/07/12
Last reply 5 years ago
copaxone

am confused copaxone is apparently not working for me ?? anyone know what they will put me on instead ??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

chueykooh
5 years ago

If Copaxone isn’t working for you and it’s the first drug you tried, they usually will try one of the interferon drugs like Rebif or Avonex.

Becks
5 years ago

i went from rebif (2 weeks – allergic) to copaxone (2.5 years – allergic), to avonex (7.5 years) before ms became aggressive and non-responsive to avonex and am now on 6 months of tysabri – currently in the appeals process for longer term funding as have had positive results so far….watch this space x

kerriejayne
5 years ago

they have mentioned tysabri to me but very cautious about it as two main side affects is severe brain damage or death i have been giving the option of it but is the risk worth it ? x

Becks
5 years ago

i was out of options as it was tysabri or mitotroxine which i didn’t want…i feel tysabri is worth the risk but its easier to say that as i am JC virus negative – have you had the test to see if you are positive or negative as this is the first step to take in deciding your options regarding TY. Personally the results i have had after 5 infusions its a definite YES its worth it and want to stay on it as long as i can – i was getting sick every 4 months and on methylpred steroids every 6 months and currently i’ve done 6 months 2 weeks from my last relapse and can walk v short distances and indoors unaided (in january i could only do 10 steps on crutches before collapsing in a heap, my cognition has recovered to a level of around 8 years ago and i have a great quality of life now which i didn’t have before.

its a very personal choice but the first step is the blood test as the decision is sssoooooo much easier to make if you are negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerriejayne
5 years ago

Yeah I have had the JC blood test did come back negitive but they wanting to give me more test for something else no idea doctors don’t really tell u anything these days 🙁

ome73
5 years ago

Hi Kerriejayne,

I too have just been told Copaxone (after 15 months) is not doing what it should be for me and I have been given the choice of Tysabri or Gilenya – I am JC- but so unsure on what to do.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.