Last reply 3 years ago
Coolest guy

I was just diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis Thursday. 09/14. Slurred speech and dizzeness. It goes in and out through out the day.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Hi @kennyh , I’m glad you found us.

With such a recent diagnosis, I’m not surprised that you’re dizzy and your speech is slurred. A diagnosis of MS is a lot to take in. Was this an expected diagnosis or did it come as a shock?

Anyway, you’re like a lot of us here, you’ve got a diagnosis that you didn’t really want. But, MS is a manageable condition and it’s not going to kill you. So, take your time and allow the diagnosis to sink in. For the time being, be nice to yourself and just look after yourself.

Use the time to learn about MS. Knowledge is power and will help you live with the MS.

Learn balance in all things. A healthy, balanced diet is always a good starting point. But also avoid life’s extremes, trying not to “overdo” things.

And, try not to worry and stress yourself. These negative emotions are a major agitator of MS, allowing your brain to emit chemicals that impact your Central Nervous System (CNS). You brain is best left to itself, to emit the good chemicals that can aid your recovery.

But, this is all new to you. So, ask questions on any aspect of MS and living with MS and we’ll try and answer them. 😉

kennyh
3 years ago

Thank you for your response. I’m doing my best to stay positive about all of this. It just came out of nowhere. Woke up one morning not feeling the same. I know i will get through this with time it has just been hard to swallow the changes.

stumbler
3 years ago

@kennyh , just be patient with yourself and give yourself time. 😉

gwenny
3 years ago

Hi @kennyh, you’ll meet lots of lovely people on this site, with wonderful support, so don’t be afraid to ask questions, we’re all in the same boat 🙂

graham100
3 years ago

Hi kennyh. My advice would be. Be very precise when you tell nuro/gp how you feel, Don’t just take any drugs they put you on without researching it first,, believe me it’s a long road and its not a race, you’ve got plenty of time, use it. Good luck.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Hello, this is a weird roller coaster, that you didn’t sign up for, but you aren’t alone and you are stronger than you think you are.big hugs.

kennyh
3 years ago

Thank you. I needed that.

katfight
3 years ago

@kennyh welcome to shift. This site has helped me so much, everyone understands as we are all dealing with it. I to woke up one morning this time last yr, out of the blue with optic neuritis and i was so scared, I got diagnosed and the journey has begun. This site has so many awesome people with great advice so ask away and they will help u like they did me. The feelings ur getting will pass, try reduce your stress levels and give urseld time like stumbler has said. You will find ur way it’s not as bad as u may think. Stay positive 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.