tessa 08/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Confused

Hi people
in view of the latest info that ocrevus may not be approved by NICE for RRMS and hence according to Barts that may mean no DMTs either for PPMS could anyone explain why if it IS approved and then IS used for people with RRMS and PPMS it would not be also available for people with SPMS .
Have I lost the plot here somehow…why would it possibly be efficacious for PPMS and NOT for SPMS ….what would be the rationale ?.
I haven’t sorted out what the difference really is between PPMS and SPMS..apart from the fact that one comes after RRMS and one doesn’t. .What is all of this about and why are people with SPMS not considered to be potentially treatable with this drug?
I realise the more I get to grips with all of this stuff that no one really is much further forward and until money is put in to trying to find a cause I can’t think it’s going to get any better . And I speak as someone who was diagnosed in 1965..so a long time ago with little progress on that front in my opinion.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@tessa , the absence of any potential treatments for Secondary Progressive MS (SPMS) is probably down to the length of time that we have had this condition.

Ocrevus was being touted for “some” Primary Progressive MS (PPMS) cases, but not all. It’s targeted at the recently diagnosed PPMSers.

It’s all about the capacity to recover. The longer we have had MS, the less of our capacity to recover remains.

Well, that’s my take on it.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.