clairg1 28/02/18
Last reply 4 months ago
Cold weather & tiredness

Hi I only seen my nurse for the first time on Monday & was told I have SPMS.
I had a really relaxed weekend (the most I did was take the dog for a long walk) then on Monday I was a little bit more tired than normal but yesterday afternoon I went back to bed & I have never done that!
Today I’m working from home because of the horrid weather but I feel like going back to bed now!!
I have only recently been diagnosed so it’s all relatively new to me tbh but I hope I snap out of this soon.

Could it be the weather?

TIA

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
4 months ago

Hi there. I got diagnosed last year and am doing OK. But this winter has been endlessly gray, drab and miserable and has had a huge negative impact on me. We are a bit soft here in London so I can’t imagine what it’s like for you up north! One thing I have found in this last year is that emotion and state of mind has more impact on my symptoms than anything really. Roll on the Spring, hopefully after the Beast from the East has left UK shores we will begin to welcome Spring……. 🙂

wjgregg
4 months ago

Hello there, Claire?

I was diagnosed with (rapidly advancing)R.R.M.S. last summer. That was after a three-week stay in hospital. I gave up work immediately due to, amongst many other things, severe mobility issues. I found that I do not sleep terribly well at night. Once my daughter has got to school, and my wife leaves for work, I have to go back to bed. I then sleep for two or three hours before I can face the day. I find that I do get hit fairly hard by fatigue, so don’t feel bad about going back to bed – you obviously need it. Fighting it will not make your multiple sclerosis any better. It’s just one of those adjustments that we have to get used to.

Take care of yourself, and wrap up warm (this weather certainly isn’t helping).

All the best.

Jon

clairg1
4 months ago

Hi, thank you for your comments.

Haha Vixen it’s very cold & snowy up here at the moment unfortunately!
I wasn’t sure whether it would be fatigue or whether it could be to do with me seeing my nurse for the first time the day before which had mentally wore me out but then I feel the same today so must be fatigue. I have never experienced anything like this before, I’m fighting to keep my eyes open!

Yes Wjgregg I’m thinking that, to just go with it & not to fight it.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.