Last reply 3 years ago
Clear MRI

Mri come back clear
Hi guys
as you know ive had a build up of symptoms that look like Ms, had a scan in January clear and just had one a week ago and got results today. They state compared to last scan no abnormality found on brain, cervical cord signal is normal, little disc degeneration but no significant protrusion!
what do I do now? This is freaking me out, I should be so happy and I wan except IVE got these symptoms that won’t go away, plus they’re worsening in areas add to it lhwrmittes with no explanation! What should I do next

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , what should happen next is really the Neurologist’s call. Your symptoms do appear to be neurological in nature, so it would seem to be in the Neurologist’s ballpark.

But, having said that, conditions like Coeliacs can present in a similar way, with similar symptoms.

So, if MS is being ruled out then you need to know what their next steps are going to be……

krisp
3 years ago

Hi stumbler
Thanks again
This is what I thought, it’s the lhermittes that leads me towards Ms over anything else, I suppose all else it could be is Lyme, chiari or b12? Don’t know what else causes all these and the lhermittes

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , lhermittes isn’t specific to MS either and could present in a range of conditions.

I’d ask the Neuro where they intend to look next as they should have a greater knowledge than us……

krisp
3 years ago

Hi stumbler
Thanks for the info
I’m thinking that too but all I have is a suggestion to try anti anxiety drugs!
I’ll see what the second opinion neuro saus next week, I think it’s either Ms, b12, chiari or Lyme. These from what I can see are all that include lhermittes plus the other sympotms

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , you really should stop trying to self-diagnose. You’ll scare the living c**p out of yourself.

It might be worthwhile going back to your GP. They are your Primary Care Provider and may be able to “rattle some cages” to get an answer for you. The present answer of “don’t know” isn’t really acceptable.

The anti-anxiety drugs might not be a bad idea for the short term. You do seem to be understandably self-obsessed with this medical condition.

We all need to accept a bit of temporary help now and again.

krisp
3 years ago

I’d say your bang on the money
Thanks again mate it’s apprciated

katjay
3 years ago

Hi Krisp .
For now Id ask neurologist …what next and work on anxiety . Maybe take Ms off the table for a while . Be kind to yourself anxiety can cause a lot of symptoms (so I’m told ).

krisp
3 years ago

Hi
Thanks katjay
I’m waiting to see what the lumbar puncture brings but I’m going away this week to see if I can relax a bit
Thanks

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.