Last reply 7 months ago
Cladribine tablets

Hi, had first rounds of Cladribine injections at Royal London last July/ August. My next round due this summer.
Now that Cladribine has been licensed in tablet form in England do you think they’ll let me switch to tablets from injections?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
8 months ago

@joni0105 , you’ll have to ask the question.

Let us know the answer please. 😉

curious-one
7 months ago

How have you been going on it?

sciencegeek
7 months ago

You can ask, but it will probably come down to the drug licence and whether you are eligible for the tablets or not.

mmhhpp
7 months ago

@joni01015
I am Waiting to hear from them to see if i can start tablets…unfortunately I don’t know but will let you know when I have more details

Has cladribine work for you?

dj1964
7 months ago

hi.
Ive just been offered Cladribine tablets. My consultant has suggested I come off Tecfidera and given me the choice of Tysabri infusion or Cladribine tablets. Only got diagnosed 18 months ago. Been on Teccy for 9 months. Doesn’t do anything for me.
Ive had no relapses as such but had a pretty poor last 6 month, mobility worse and left hand has times when it seizes up and doesn’t want to work.
I just don’t know what option to go for. I am pretty needle phobic so am put off by the infusion. Cladribine tablets seem a good idea. 2 tablets – month 1 and 2 more – month 2, then that’s it. Seems ideal, but will it help, I just don’t know. Had horrible back spasms and tight chest for a fair few weeks but no idea if this is MS related of something muscular.
Also on 600mg of Gabapentin a day but don’t think that’s doing anything.
Any pointers please. Fed up with the MS people saying it’s your choice. difficult to make a choice when you havent got a clue

strictlysoca
7 months ago

Well since you asked I would take Cladiribine like tomorrow. I’ve been super well on Fingolimod but dreading the next relapse and having to change. I asked about cladribine off label when I went on it but the neuro wasn’t budging. Have a read at the Barts MS blog as they have some really good posts about this.

All the best

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.