dj1964 19/02/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Cladribine or Tysabri HELP!!!!

Hi,
I got diagnosed in August 2016. I can honestly say in that time, I have gone downhill very slowly. Last 6-8 months especially. Need a stick whenever I’m out now and my left hand really started to play up. Has period when it tenses up, go tingly and is incredibly annoying.
Also had bad back spasms and tight chest for about weeks now. No relapses as such.
Been on Tecfidera for about 9 months. No real side effects, just felt generally declined.
Had a new scan in Jan. No new lesions in spine but a new small one in my head. Cons doesn’t seem overly worried but has recommended a change of meds.
One is Tysabri, monthly infusion, the other being the tablet form on Cladribine.
Obviously he has patients who have been on the infusion and he has seen some positive results. I am veering towards the tablets as very needle phobic and that is probably the main swayer. Also I work and Monday mornings (when the monthly infusion is) is a busy time for me. Both lame excuses I know, but would really like some advice on Cladribine (Mavenclad) I don’t know if they have been using it in the US before us, can’t seem to find much online. Any experiences or better knowledge than I have would be greatly appreciated
David

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @dj1964 and welcome.

I believe there have been previous posts about Cladribine (Mavenclad). Use the Forum Search function, magnifying glass top left, and search for “Cladribine”.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.