Last reply 6 months ago
Cladribine availability

Hey guys,

I’ve been taking tecfidera for over two years and after a bad relapse have now been offered cladribine, lemtrada or fingolimod.

I have chosen cladribine but have now found out that it isn’t actually available in my area yet and no idea of when it will be.

Just wondered if anyone else is waiting for cladribine to be available in their area?

Thanks
Jemma

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mmhhpp
6 months ago

I would get an appointment with a hospital that prescribes it in uk.
Talk to your gp for a referal @jemmaloujo

stumbler
6 months ago

@jemmaloujo , you shouldn’t have been offered something which wasn’t available. That’s not professional.

The problem is that Cladribine isn’t approved for use with MS…….yet. It is being used “off-label” at other locations, e.g. London. Your neuro should be able to get you referred up to London, although this may take some time.

sciencegeek
6 months ago

Mavenclad (oral Cladribine) is available in England and Wales if you meet the NICE criteria. Perhaps your hospital just doesn’t have a prescribing policy yet. You should clarify what they meant by “not available”.

I know that King’s College Hospital and The Royal London are prescribing the oral form already.

I’m currently having the injections at the Royal London, which is off label.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.