hvreay 17/02/18
Last reply 4 months ago
Cladribine

Hello,

After being on Rebif for a year and having had 2 quite significant relapses, I’ve now been given the option of moving up to Cladribine (the other option Lemtrada but I don’t think my anxiety could handle the potential side effects!). I was just wondering if anyone else has been on the tablet form of it? I realise it’s new, but wondering about side effects/ effectiveness? Thank you!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

aabreu
4 months ago

If I had cladribine available to me here in USA, that would be my choice. It has fewer side effects than Lemtrada.

arknat
4 months ago

Same view as @aabreu ….
Any idea when it would be available in the US ?

aabreu
4 months ago

I have no idea. FDA is probably as useless as the FBI. $20 billion market being replaced by a generic seems like wishful thinking. One idea I haven’t investigated is Canada. Mavenclad is available. Would they treat a yank?

edgarleroy
4 months ago

I’ve taken injections. Easy to tolerate. Oral should be like taking an aspirin.

Injectable form currently available in US (off-label). Oral form not yet submitted to FDA, so maybe next year.

emmad1988
4 months ago

I had my first 2 courses of Cladribine injections last September and am due for my next lot this September. Haven’t ad any side effects really, other then being more susceptible to the winter cold. My first scan results show no new activity either so it seems to be working so far! x

lisapops
4 months ago

I have set up cladribine UK group on facebook. I was on Gilenya but I’m now off treatment and possibly start in April after Easter

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.