Last reply 1 week ago
Chiro Magic

I call my Chiropractor my magic man. When i had my last episode of optic neuritis, he happen to stretch my spine in a certain way, for another issue. Approx 20 minutes later on my way home, i noticed i could see out of my left eye! That was a couple yrs ago and i have not had a bad eppisode since. Now my feet have started cramping and the tightness is working its way up my legs. I happen to ask him if there is anything he could try. He asked a few questions then worked his magic. My left foot adjusted wondrfully, my right, not so much. But it may take a few tries. It is not a cure, but it makes me feel like i pushed ms back in to the”back round” again.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

bas76
2 weeks ago

That’s really interesting, I have been suffering with Optic Neuritis in the left eye since relapsing in Nov, are MSers something that your chiropractor was particularly experienced with? Just wondering if I were to speak to a chiropractor about this if they would have a clue and may be able to help?

jreberg74gmail
2 weeks ago

Optic neurits effects my left eye too. And no, he does not specialize in ms issue. He has a very good understanding of things funtion. I have been to other chiropractors, and would not go back to them. I would give it a shot. While laying down, He had someone hold my feet and he had a thing that fit around my chin while he stood at my head. Gently pulled a few times…. Then quick and steady. Very nerve racking, but holy toledo did that feel good.

leogirl
2 weeks ago

[email protected] That’s great you are getting relief from him.
I go to an osteopath who told me I am out of alignment and after a session my upper/lower back, hips, legs and feet feel great. He sometime works on my neck and jaw and that feels good too. Unfortunately it only lasts a few weeks and then I have to go back again. It very expensive so I only go when I really need too. Like your Chiro he knows about how the body functions and everything is connected. My neuro did not know what was causing my pain and when I told him about the relief I got from the osteopath he said that if it was from MS I would not get any relief.

@Baz76 I would definitely try an osteopath or Chiropractor but try and get one that is recommended. A friend who has MS recommended my osteopath and his GP recommended him to him. Hope you get some relief.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

I have an elderly friend, 80+, who sees a chiropractor. He speaks very highly of him, with the results he receives for his ailments.

Word of mouth recommendations are best.

grandma
2 weeks ago

I know @jreberg74gmail is in the States but in this day and age, shouldn’t be beyond anyone to get to talk to or ask advice from her chiropractor to pass on to one in this country to find out what he/she was doing at the time. Worth an e-mail?👂👍😍

jreberg74gmail
2 weeks ago

@leogirl , i had to look up what an osteopath was. Sounds like a person i would go see. It is a shame aternative medicine is not covered by insurance. (Its not here anyhow) we should have a choice without going bankrupt. I seemy chiropractor at least once a month. If i go longer, things start to go bad.

@bas76 see if you can get a reccomendation for a chiropractor. A good one is a great tool to help with symptoms, i think anyway.

@grandama, if someone wants to talk to him, i can ask him if he is willing to talk about his technics. I have been to 5 different ones and he is by far the best.

leogirl
2 weeks ago

Hi @jreberg I think the difference is a Chiro works on the joints and an osteo works on muscles and bones. He costs €80 for 20 minutes and I get €25 back from insurance. I also go about once a month.

jreberg74gmail
1 week ago

@bas76 did you contact a chiropractor? Just curious if you had any luck.

melmel1
1 week ago

@jreberg74gmail im glad to hear its helped i need to start havin massages and sesin a chiropracter have u sufferd a few times with optic neuritis? How is ur ms journey going?.x

bas76
1 week ago

@jreberg74gmail I did go last Friday, so happens that one I went to back in 2012 very near to my house has experience with MS as he has three clients with MS. He was very knowledgeable and did say not to expect miracles from the realignment but it should hopefully ease some symptoms. He said realigning the spine helps build a stronger immune system and reduce white blood cells. So he did crack my neck a few times as this is the area where the optic nerves are. He also did several parts of my back. MS wise I haven’t seen any change my eye site is still the same but my body back neck feel better as you would expect. Think I will go once a month for a few months and hopefully it will help my optic neuritis.

jreberg74gmail
1 week ago

@bas76, i was all excited to hear you went to the chiro. And dissapointed that you did not recieve releif from your optic nueritis. Did he stretch you neck/spine? Good luck and please let me know how it goes if you dont mind.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.