Last reply 2 months ago
chiboy_best

Is this a valid user?

Apologies in advance if account is real. We sadly, from time to time, have people setting up accounts who seem to be trolling.

Also, Is there better a way to report suspicious account, requests without having to post to main board?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

wendyhills
2 months ago

I’ve had a friend request too seems suspect to me apparently their MS is benign not sure what that means I’m going to reject don’t think it’s genuine

Anonymous
2 months ago

I’ve had the same request about 15 mins ago, seems a bit dodgy to me. Had another a few months ago from someone claiming to be in the American armed forces.

andyturner
2 months ago

Me too. American solider and now benign chiboy.. You can’t get benign MS.
Fake…

highlander
2 months ago

Me also deleted.

sally03
2 months ago

I also deleted. The word benign felt wrong

londonlad
2 months ago

All,

Let’s wait to hear from the man, stumbler, who no doubt will dismiss or confirm our suspicions… it does look bad, given the amount of requests in such a short time. But “innocent until proven guilty” and all that!

Also, word of caution, I think the type of MS is actually one of the options that can be chosen from a drop down list when joining the site. benign ms is one of those almost taboo topics. With various thoughts suggesting it can or cannot be,… I think it means that the MS was very subtle and little to no impact, and no progression or disability after many years. ms could only be called benign in retospect as you don’t know until many years if it was going to be bad .

Anyway, my point is; please don’t dismiss poeple for having MS classified as “benign”, as it does exist, for some people

lightning87
2 months ago

I got a request too. I thought benign MS was also a ‘thing’.

Anonymous
2 months ago

I had rejected the request a while back and now chi-boy best has requested again, anyone got a clue if its for real.

cloudy
2 months ago

I got request 2 which in itself I find unusual …. I don’t tend to think friend requests after no post or no comments on a previous post warrant a second thought – u wouldn’t be a random strangers friend on the street and I certainly wouldn’t be one here !!

watsoncraig
2 months ago

Request came in and has been ignored.

stumbler
2 months ago

I’ve been keeping an eye on this situation. Yes, I agree, it does look suspicious, but I can’t shoot and ask questions later.

You’re all taking the right action by being careful. 😉

stumbler
2 months ago

Tell me, is there a place in Florida called UK? 😕

mblake20
2 months ago

Hi I rejected the friend request and immediately after got a 2nd request…

nutshell88
2 months ago

I refused the first but added this mysterious account in a rush i’ll try to delete him lol place in the uk called uk

nutshell88
2 months ago

US*

vivien
2 months ago

I’ve had 1 too, which I’ve rejected. I couldn’t access his profile………. Or see any posts…………….

wjgregg
2 months ago

I have deleted the request.

jolea
2 months ago

Hi guys
Yep i had a request and deleted.
On holiday and having a good time.
Be careful.

niteowl
2 months ago

Had a friend request too bit like fb lol 😂 random requests 🙈

dvtrv
2 months ago

I also received friend request yesterday and also feel a tad peculiar.

So many people seem to have received friend request from this individual,

I’ve also decided to decline.

chezy17
2 months ago

I’ve one too but there is a benign MS cos that what the docs think is happening with my MS.

yvonnemair
2 months ago

When I was diagnosed in 1994 I was told it was benign ms (it’s now secondary progressive).

peterfrancis
2 months ago

Got a request last night from this person, now denied / deleted.

leighlincoln
2 months ago

Had the same request from chiboy wanting to meet, lives in Florida. Deleted.

cameron
2 months ago

I rejected on the basis of his stated desire to get to ‘know me better’. Not a reason for joining a support and information forum.

markp
2 months ago

Deleted…

brando
2 months ago

what is everyone talking about he was only trying to get you all to donate to his great cause. 😉

Sarcasm! just incase no one can tell.

Brando

dinnerlady
2 months ago

I got a request also

tammysd
2 months ago

Same here, deleted it.

stumbler
2 months ago

This problem should now stop – the user has been removed.

I do apologise for not doing this sooner, I just need proof that they’re a wrong’un. You guys provided me with that proof, so thanks for being so vocal. 😉

Anonymous
2 months ago

I’ve just had my 3rd friend request from them.

jules4
2 months ago

I deleted a request from him yesterday too.

stumbler
2 months ago

@msikib , that must be a hangover, they were removed almost an hour ago. 😕

Anonymous
2 months ago

Yes, sorry about that, it came through at 7.21pm and I’d only just seen it when I commented.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.