jdd0310 11/11/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Chest infection

I’m just getting over a chest infection and a cold, it seems to have knocked my energy and movement down to a new level. Is this me from now on org am I likely to improve when the chest infection clears up?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@jdd0310 , our immune systems are compromised, which basically means that they aren’t working properly.

So, your cold and chest infection activated your immune system. One thing that can happen is a “pseudo-exacerbation”, where your existing MS symptoms can flare up. And, it seems that your fatigue and spasticity have been affected in this respect.

This is called a pseudo-exacerbation, because it isn’t a real MS flare/relapse and will only last as long as your body is dealing with the underlying infection.

Once the infection is cleared, you should return to the status quo, i.e. how things were before the infection arrived. 😉

cameron
3 years ago

@jdd0310 .. and if you’re like me, an infection also alters mood. It panics me, because I think of all the ‘what-ifs’. Which I know is daft, because as @stumbler says, the effects are temporary. But it can be an unwelcome reminder that we have an illness that can pop up when you least expect it. So be very kind to yourself, rest as much as possible and stop worrying! You’ll soon be back in the driving seat.

jdd0310
3 years ago

@stumbler @cameron thanks for that, you both gave the answer I was hoping for

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.