nutshell88 21/12/17
Last reply 7 months ago
Chemo snd MS

Hi all,

As we all we all know some treatments uses chemo to destroy immune system so it stops damaging our nervous system currect me if I’m wrong.

But I have two questions about that.

Does it mean immune system will never retufn back in the body?
And if it did return are they 100% sure it wouldn’t cause damage anymore?

Cheers

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
7 months ago

@nutshell88 . the chemo destroys the immune system, which then regenerates. Stem Cells may be introduced to assist this regeneration.

It is hoped that the immune system regenerates without the MS flaw.

There is always the possibility that the original factors that caused the MS could be encountered again.

Anonymous
7 months ago

I thought this therapy with the stem cells was the closest they’ve come to a cure. Although ‘they’ say that about everything & stem cells

Anonymous
7 months ago

Sorry with regards to the immune system after cancer chemotherapy it takes 21-28 days to restore http://www.breastcancer.org/tips/immune/cancer/chemo

nutshell88
7 months ago

Well as long as there are unknown factors that might cause MS again personally i see no point. More suffering. But opinions may varie of course. @stumbler

I never expected immune system to return in this short time. What an impressive powerful system. Thanks for the link @craigsreddie/

highflyingbird
7 months ago

i just completed a treatment that is chemo based and as i was been hammered with MS the last 6 years i feel i had a choice…………. face a life of disability or take a chance on the unknown factors……….. A Human Being is strong and one thing that chemo cant break is the Human Spirit…….. onwards we go………

nutshell88
7 months ago

@highflyingbird how are you feeling after the chemo i mis understood my english isnt that great..
And i 100% agree with u nothing beats human spirit 😃

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.