kanjalina 06/01/18
Last reply 3 months ago
Changing DMT

Hi everyone & happy new year!!!

I hope you all had a good time over the festive period ๐Ÿ™‚

After much thought and struggles over the past year, I have decided not to continue with R2 of Lemtrada. Now back to the drawing board of various DMT cocktails, one that has caught my eye is Daclizumab …….. Is anyone familiar with this drug, and can perhaps provide some feedback of their experience?…..

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Nat x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

stumbler
3 months ago

Hi @kanjalina and Happy New Year to you too.

I’m sorry that Lemtrada has not had a positive outcome for you. Your mind seems to be made up to call a halt now, but some MSers need that 2nd round to obtain the benefit. Is it worth just one more reconsideration?

I’ve no personal knowledge of Daclizumab and you’ve probably read all this.

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/zinbryta-daclizumab

Good luck with whatever you decide.

kanjalina
3 months ago

Hi @stumbler,

I hope you’re well.

I did consider this, however my concern is that my lymphocytes have remained extremely low, as well as my neutrophils which aren’t the best either. This year has bene the worst, and I can’t see a logical reason to go through the process again…..

I had been thinking about it for a good few months, as i have constantly has a virus which meant a course of antibiotics and have progressively worsened.

Fingers crossed the next choice is the one for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Nat

nutshell88
3 months ago

Ive never tried any of thee treatments but from what ivread on thus forum people get used to lemtrada after few rounds

About daclizumab

I googled just now for the side effects.

You are probably aware of them already

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/daclizumab-side-effects.html

Be safe x

milan
3 months ago

Hi Kanjalina..
Sorry to hear Lemtrada isnโ€™t working as it should, I suggest swap onto Ocrevus.
I am on that and I only had 1 dose for far and itโ€™s imptoved me so much.! I donโ€™t feel my legs hurt anymore, I donโ€™t get a โ€˜drop legโ€™ like I used to.
Hope all goes well & keep your head up ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Edrianna22
3 months ago

Well i started Fingolimod (gilyenya) in July last year. So far so good.

kanjalina
3 months ago

Thanks @nutshell88 & Milan,

It is one of those trial & error things……. After reading up on Daclizumab and decided it is not the one for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the suggestion Milan, I will look into Ocrevus as an option.

Thanks for the feedback all ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.