Last reply 1 year ago
Cerebellum ataxia

Hello darlings

As if this journey isn’t hard enough….
I just wondered if anyone had been told that they had the above, on top of MS (which has caused the degeneration in the cerebellum)
I have been a shaking, unbalanced mess for 6 months now and nothing I do works. Excerciae/vits/rest/distraction/meditation – nada
Culminating in my fallings last week and breaking my wrist and falling a few days ago and breaking my finger on my other hand.
I’m not sure how much longer I can go on and being told that the root of my issues is cerebellum ataxia, has done nothing to assist. In any way.
Yes, I have re-searched it, but I can only find lists of symptoms and signs and horrible stories – I.e. there is no cure, it is going to get worse and probably kill you quite soon.
Any help would be appreciated from you Group of brave warriors .
I’m not very brave.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@mermaidia11 , how about some “user-friendly” information :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/ataxia

koffeelover
1 year ago

My 14 year old son has cerebellar ataxia – not MS related, I’m the one with MS – and he has all the symptoms you describe. I am aware that it can be a complication of MS. My neurologist (and I) expected my cerebellum to be full of lesions due to my symptoms being really like my son’s, but mine is totally clear – the symptoms in my case are caused by lesions in my spine (like, a lot)!!!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.