Last reply 5 months ago
CBD Oil ??

Hi All,
I’m interested on peoples thoughts and experiences on CBD oil??
Any thoughts much appreciated 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
9 months ago

@finn15 , there have been quite a few posts recently on the subject of CBD Oil.

Use the Forum Search function (magnifying glass towards the top left) and search for “CBD Oil”. 😉

finn15
9 months ago

@stumbler Thanks for that info, I have taken a brief look now but will look into it a bit further later on thanks .

topsyjkv
9 months ago

I tried CBD oil, it helped initially for about 2 weeks then didn’t have so much effect. So I gave up for a week to get it out of my system then tried again, unfortunately the relief did not return.
But at the moment am trying Confo anti mosquito liquid, given to me by a Spanish friend. It can only be obtained in Africa she tells me. Unless you want to buy hundreds of large cartons costing hundreds of pounds off Alibaba.com

finn15
9 months ago

@topsyjkv thanks for yer info, I will give oil a go, but if not it’s helpful to know alternatives.
Might look into Sunny climates too 🙂

topsyjkv
9 months ago

I certainly find that warm dry climate is so much better for me, my mobility has improved so much. From thinking of needing a hoist in UK, to being able to walk around a shop.

finn15
8 months ago

CBD oil seems to be providing some relief, time to explore an alternative world

poppy12
8 months ago

Once smoked a CBD only joint in Amsterdam and the effects were glorious, I even ran at high speed through the train station to catch the last train to our hotel. Really great and relaxing w/o getting high. Just calm and relaxed.

I also have CBD oil at home but am not convinced it helps. The leaflet that comes with the bottle says you can’t overdose and there is no recommended dose.

A word of warning:
At some point after several days in pain, I took a bigger dose of the oil and ended up high as a kite (time perception totally distorted, little ‘black outs’, no sense of continuity in conversation/situations, etc.). I didn’t know that I was stoned at the time as I don’t have much experience with Cannabis, so it was very scary and the 111 dispatcher sent an ambulance. The paramedics explained that CBD oil isn’t regulated, so god knows what the exact contents of my CBD oil bottle are (was a company recommended in a number of MS forums, still looks like a good, solid company to me).

Now, we’re laughing the episode off as a funny party story. At the time, it was very scary though and I’ve become very careful with the dosage I take. I’m still taking the oil from the the bottle above (after all, it’s very expensive and the OD was largely my fault) but be careful to see what dosage your body can take with and be mindful what other substances (painkillers, alcohol, etc.) you have taken that day already.

highflyingbird
8 months ago

hello
i use CBC oil at night before sleep. it relaxes the system and gives me a good night sleep which it important for us with the condition. i found it calms the numbness and tingling down and the restless leg syndrome i find it a help 5/6 drops dose me.

stay strong……..

doubleo7hud
8 months ago

Sent a friend request mate send me a private message when you get this and il send u some links to have a look at.

finn15
8 months ago

@poppy12 I’m on a dose that feels ok, got yer warning tho thanks. I think it def helps with tremor, so much so I’ve stopped taking Tram . Def keep me eye on dosage tho don’t wanna OD on Oil!
@highflyingbird agree it does seem to help at night, 5/6 drops.Have u tried it in yer T
@doubleo7hud will do cheers

stumbler
8 months ago

@doubleo7hud , I’d be interested in those links too. It’s an area that interests me.

highflyingbird
8 months ago

@finn15 LOL….. Tea with some CBD oil please…………. ill be having a cup of tea tonight..ha…excellent

hels
8 months ago

Hi @finn15,

I take a high %CBD oil that is made from cannabis and not hemp. It’s high CBD very low THC so no high.

Forgive me if you already know the following but I’d rather say than not say.

Even if you do feel a slight high you will become tolerant in no time and be able to increase dose without feeling the high. You can’t get stoned off CBD alone. So if you’re getting high it’s THC doing it’s thing not CBD. Cancer patients use CBD oil to bring them down from the THC high.

The term ‘CBD oil’ confuses matters as CBD is found in both hemp and cannabis. There are also things called ‘terpines’ which people are adding to oils to enhance the benefits. I’ve heard amazing things about these through a group I’m in on Facebook. They are basically the aromatics oils found in plants, so all natural.

And whatever you’re using, make sure it’s derived from organic plants.

Feel free to get in touch if you want to pick my brains.

X

stumbler
8 months ago

@hels , are you able to provide details of your CBD Oil and supplier?

If you’re not comfortable, this information can be shared confidentially by Personal Message.

Thanks

finn15
8 months ago

@highflyingbird always time for a cuppa T, enjoy ur brew tonight. Let us know if u think itworks for you
@hels thanks for the info, definitely informative-Organic seems worthy of exploration, will PM

bas76
5 months ago

I was recently put in contact with someone who makes CBD Oil from cannabis. Trying to research a bit before I try but most stuff I read it seems benefits are around muscle relaxation? I have RRMS but not real muscle soreness as such. My main problem is fatigue after walking or rise in body temperature, get very slight drop foot when walking over distance, left eye vision a bit blurry (from recent relapse) and feeling in left thumb a bit numb. Have had the symptoms for about 6 months now and was diagnosed with MS 1.5 years ago. Does anyone think its worth me trying it out or do you think it would not make much difference on these symptoms? Any experience or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.