Last reply 1 month ago
CBD oil?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience/thoughts on the use of cbd oil?
Im not currently on any medication (only diagnosed 6 months ago) but biggest issues at the moment are stiff muscles (mostly legs) that pull so easily if i just get up wrong. I pulled in a muscle in my calf 2 weeks ago (getting off a chair) and its still really stiff an painful as if iv just pulled it. Just wondering if the cbd would give some relief. Theres lots of mixed reviews so looking for some first hand experiences
Thanks guys

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@beky , there’s been a few conversations regarding CBD Oil. It works for some, but not others. Use the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) and search for “CBD Oil”.

Although, a cheaper alternative may be to regularly perform some stretching exercises :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/life-ms/exercise/build-your-own-exercise-routine/stretching-exercises

simone2
2 months ago

Hi, I use cbd oil and cannabis, I think with the oil you need to get 10% or above in strengh but it doesn’t work for everyone but for me it brillant to help with spasms.

annabelle_vergne
2 months ago

@beky, I actually started using CBD oil last fall for insomnia, and I continue to take it along other supplements since my PPMS diagnosis in February. I am not taking any MS medication either other than that, because I tested positive for the JC virus and chose not to take the risk of starting Ocrevus. But that is a personal choice. All I can say about CBD, is that it does help for sleep and racing thoughts at bedtime.

janrosam
1 month ago

@janrosam. I still have quite a bit of research to do on CBD products but what I’ve learned so far is quite encouraging. Right now I’m trying tizanidine. Amitriptyline before that didn’t help so I weaned myself off of those & baclofen because the new one is supposed to work for spasticity & pain. They are only two mg but after the very first tablet I went through the night with no pain or spasms. I thought it was too good to be true though & it was. The second night was worse, then last night the I didn’t sleep at all. I can increase the dose every three to four days so I took another one this morning & see how tonight goes after two doses.
If things don’t get better after another dose increase I will certainly try a CBD product. It can’t get any worse.
It’s interesting to read about other people’s experiences & what’s helped them with spasms & pain. I count myself so lucky that I’m still up & walking about (I nearly said up & running but decided no that’s pushing it a bit) but these symptoms are by far the worst I’ve had to deal with.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.