dreamerbeliever 10/07/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Carpel Tunnel?

Just wondered if anyone has had any problems with their wrists/ carpel tunnel? Have had bad wrists on and off for years but the last few weeks they’ve been really painful and google (that great source for medical diagnostics) tells me that carpel tunnel is more common for us folk with nerve related problems. Anyone else had this and know much about treatment? I have a neuro appointment in about 6 weeks but not sure if I should speak to them before or just wait it out so any input from someone with experience would be great.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Becks
5 years ago

my gp thought i had carpal tunnel when it turned out it was ms!!! i went ot hospotal for nerve conduction studies for carpal but the neurophysioligist realised the misdiagnosis and tested me for ms instead.

i was told that once carpal was confirmed i would need a small operation where they made an incision in my wrist and then ‘do their stuff’ – my understanding is they only do one wrist @ a time ??? ANYWAY i know no more cos it was ms instead – know which i would have preferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boodle06
5 years ago

A chiropractor may be a good idea.

kiddiecarlos
5 years ago

@Becks: same thing happened to me! My Dr thought I had carpal tunnel so just had me taking vitamins. 3 years (and a new Dr) later and turns out its MS.
Carpal tunnel was ruled out by a nerve conduction test.

dreamerbeliever
5 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I’ve booked in with my GP for next week so will take it from there ahead of seeing my neuro next month…
Just to add, I was in a lot of pain last night/ this morning, and so went into boots and picked up a couple of those ever so attractive looking wrist supports. They weren’t cheap but have made my wrist ache a lot less and at least make me feel like I’m not doing any further damage. If anyone else has a similar experience, I would recommend picking some up!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.