Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

DJDsouza
6 years ago

Is proven to help spasticity hence you can get Sativex on the NHS for getting similar affects to cannabis without the high (though users of Satiivex have said there is still a little bit of a high!).

Also, the study just looks at whether it halts the progression of MS and not the well-being of the patient. If your mind and your body is more relaxed, then this is a good thing….just a shame you can’t get prescribed high-grade for free ;)U

mermaid
6 years ago

Hello.

Was just saying to Ophelia that my youngest daughter (24yr old rock chick/wild child)suggested I try a smoke to help curb severe tremors/twitching. At first I found it quite enjoyable and couldn’t stop laughing. However, when I went to bed, it only seemed to heighten the problem and I couldn’t stop shaking. Will not be trying that again in a hurry! Worth the experience,though. I’m a bit of a woose and had never experimented with weed, pot, whatever you want to call it. That said, I have found the severe twitching more unsettling than the loss of coordination and poor balance as it prevents me getting to sleep. Admittedly, I do rely on sleep pills, but for the first 15 minutes or so, I cannot control my body movements and it is exhausting. It is predominatly down my right side and most distressing, especially for my partner as he feels so helpless.

mermaid
6 years ago

Hee hee. Just read over my comment and noticed my typos. Too much wine. Been a stressful day. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! I hope you are well.

Angela.

ophelia
6 years ago

Just to clarify, I haven’t tried it myself, just spotted the article and thought it might be of interest. I’d heard it helped with spasticity and tremors but never that it had any effect in the progress of the disease….now I know why…..cos it doesn’t!!!!

highheeledfagin
6 years ago

Not a smoker, but my friends and I have taken to having a batch of cakes, just once every few months. I can’t really say if it helps because my use is so sporadic and I am also on Avonex, but I definitely start feeling the effects quite a while before my friends do and a fair bit more powerfully- yay MS!

Anonymous
6 years ago

Since spasticity is my worst symptom I’ve definitely talked about this with my partner. Since I don’t have a dx and I’m not interested in doing anything illegal I obviously haven’t tried it…but definitely interested in the idea. The only thing I’ve noticed that truly has helped was a combo of Vicodin and Valium…which I was given for spasticity in the ER a year ago. Mean combo but it helped.

Only worry I have about managing it with either narcotics or cannabis is the effects of your brain after prolonged use. Don’t want to kill my brain long term.

loulou
6 years ago

Morning all ! and it’s nice that it is a cooler one too
I Sativex cannibis spray to see if she can get it on the NHS for me, I will let you know what she sais,
does anyone else get this on the NHS?

loulou
6 years ago

woops first part of my message disappeared, why does it do that sometimes on here!
I have a doctors cal backj at 10 am to ask her about ………,,,,see above, sorry!

Anonymous
6 years ago

I always wonder the effects of cannabis since I was diagnose (can’t ingest or smoke due to fear of losing my job). I’ve never been the pharmaceutical type until MS reared its ugly head. I’m told that Sativex doesn’t give you the full benefits like edibles or smoking/vapor would.

@ Mermaid, sounds like a good strain of Indica (type of cannabis) would help you sleep and aid in your severe twitching.

@ Chels, Cannabis use causes memory loss is a Myth

loulou
6 years ago

Hi, I have just spoken to my Dr and she said that cannibis is something that your neurologist has to get for you on the NHS if he/she can
She also said that sometimes there are problems with prescriptions if you drive
hope this is of some help to anyone interested

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.