jessvf14 13/05/17
Last reply 9 months ago
Can ms pain feel like a trapped nerve?

As the title says really. Had a couple of days where I couldn’t lift my arm because the pain was terrible, around my shoulder, then as soon as it started it stopped. Fast forward a couple of days later and my other arm was at it, again as soon as it started it stopped. Either a nerve has been trapped and released itself or it’s an MS thing but I’ve only ever had sensory symptoms so no idea what I’m looking out for but have been told it will happen because I’m all spinal. Thank you in advance.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

@jessvf14 , it does sound MS-ey, doesn’t it? I’d be tempted to contact your MS Nurse and discuss it with them.

jessvf14
9 months ago

That’s the thing I don’t really know, I’ve only ever had numbness, burning or ON. It’s just strange is what it is. I don’t have her number, I usually email her but I think we’re on lockdown because of the hack. I’ll ask someone for her number and give her a call next week. I had a letter through this week for a consultant appointment next month so worst case I can bring it up with him. My knee joint is playing up now, I’ve never known anything like it! Feel like my limbs are trying to escape from me!

stumbler
9 months ago

@jessvf14 , you might find her number here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/understanding-ms/living-ms/map-ms-services

But, here’s some details about the types of sensory symptoms that MS can cause us :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/altered-sensations

Do record these strange symptoms, so that you update your Neuro.

jessvf14
9 months ago

Thank you 🙂

grahamjk
9 months ago

Hi @jessvf14 I’ve had similar problems with my right arm, I couldn’t lift it above my shoulder level or lie on it at night. But it cleared up as quick as it started, I spoke to my ms nurse and she could only put it down to ms as she’d never actually heard of it before. I hope yours clears up quickly as I know just what a pain I the ass it can be.
All the best graham

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.