Last reply 6 years ago
Calling Amamtadine users

I’ve recently been prescribed Amamtadine for fatigue. Am wondering how long before it kicks in? Anybody experienced side effects?
I”ve been on it for just over a week, should be starting to take 100m twice daily, but the first day I tried it knocked me out! Seriously don’t know how I got to the end of the day, as soon as I got home I went straight to bed and slept through!! Not the effect I was hoping for!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Becks
6 years ago

been on and off amantadine for years – never experienced anything like you describe though – i was on 1 tablet twice a day and made sure i never took the second tablet later than 12 or 1pm. i think i noticed a difference to my fatigue levels around 14 days after starting to take it – if still having problems speak to you gp or ms team – good luck x 🙂

highheeledfagin
6 years ago

I found it just made my mouth dry and didn’t really help my fatigue – it turns out that it was just cheaper than the better option of Modafinil so they tried me out on the less effective one. My consultant told me that the amantadine was only effective for less than half of patients, but it may turn out that you’re in that half and just need to give it some time.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.