Last reply 9 months ago
Burning in Leg and Foot ..

Hi

I was just wondering what I could do for this issue. I have never had it before. I have had tingling and buzzing but not burning/frost bite feeling. It kept be awake most of the night and I was just wondering what you do about it? Does it go off? what do I need to do?

Thanks

Rachael

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

vixen
10 months ago

Hi there @rachaellouise For a few months I’ve been getting random heat patches on my hand, foot and leg. In the afternoons, the top of my left instep starts to burn; I wondered if it was linked to timinings of medication (Tecfidera) but of course, no way of knowing. Sorry I don’t have any solutions!

goosus
10 months ago

Hi @rachaellouise! This was the first symptom I had of my current relapse. If anything cold touches my skin on my right side (ribs to toes) it feels like I’m being burnt or touching a boiled kettle.

A neurologist prescribed pregabalin, but I have been told amitriptyline can help with this as well. I’m only on day 2 of the tablets and I’m already seeing a bit difference (I don’t scream when I sit on the toilet seat any more!!). I hope you can find some relief through treatment too.

Lucy

rachaellouise
10 months ago

@vixen. I’m not on medication so it might not be related but it could be . It’s tricky .

@goodies-it really stings ! Does yours?
I’ve been to the gp tonight and they have prescribed me some pregablin .
Did you have to take steroids for the relapse ? I had a relapse in March . Could mine be a flare or a new relapse?
I got a cold a couple of weeks ago just wondering if this has caused it. Frustrating
I’d love some relief . Are you able to sleep with it?

Rachael X

rachaellouise
10 months ago

goosus
10 months ago

I only just got diagnosed yesterday so this is all quite new for me. I’ve been given steroids (500mg) but I’ve got a cold so can’t take them until that’s gone. I’ve only taken 5 pregabalin tablets so far and the difference is amazing! Are you starting them tonight?

I’ve been fine sleeping as long as my right side is covered in warm, fluffy clothing. Can’t complain too much about that. The stinging doesn’t sound like fun at all….is it just on one side? My GP recommended I try not to lie on the affected side as you can irritate the nerve.

Take care of yourself x

rachaellouise
10 months ago

@goosus
Hi there . No stinging not fun at all. I’m led here with burning right leg and foot and it’s on fire . Yes I’ve taken one tonight now . You’ve given me the confidence . I just hope it kicks in pretty soon
Do you have to just take them at night ? I’ve got one for day and night .

wow pretty new for you then only being diagnosed yesterday .its new to me to really as I Was diagnosed in July this year. How are you holding up?

do you have to take 500mg for 5 days ?

Rachael X

mulla
9 months ago

I have a frozen feet that feel as if I’m sleeping with them in a deep freeze and also jumping legs as soon as hit the Pillow’s, haven’t found and thing apart from a good foot rub to warm them yet

potter
9 months ago

I had a relapse last Saturday my right foot went numb and it started creeping up the right side of my body, I woke up in the middle of the night with the entire right side of my body numb. The next day my leg has a frost bite tingling feeling, my neuro had me come and started me on steroids. I take them with food early in the morning so I can sleep at night, it takes a while for them to kick in. It is almost noon and still no relief. He said the steroids will help me get over my relapse faster. I hope you find something that works for you. Potter

nutshell88
9 months ago

I tried two different pain killers different years of course for few weeks never worked with me. I just stopped them. doctor blamed me – she was right –
I suffered of that for years till I got used to simply put my leg in warm water in winter cool water in summer and of course massage. that was last year but now I only feel stress in my legs and feet no burning sensation.
but I must say numbness tingling last with me few minutes and stop before I notice but burny feeling kept me up all night few yrs in the past.

I wonder why as years go by invisible symptoms like that disappear and I don’t even notice that sometime ..

I Hope you get well soon its intolerable sometime I know.

Anonymous
9 months ago

Hi @rachaellouise & @goosus pregabalin is used a lot for neuropathic pain & is usually very effective. Steroids are good but there’s a limit to how often these can be taken (GP/MS nurse will advise)

Anonymous
9 months ago

Hi @goosus thanks noticed your local landmark was Horfield Sports Centre – I went to a roller disco there when I was about 12. 32 years ago eek . I’m originally from Brizzle & went to Monks Park (now the orchard?) school – hope you’re doing ok ?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.