Last reply 2 days ago
Burn out

Has anyone heard of ‘MS burn out’, ?
My neurologist thought that this was where I was at, about 2 years ago. Whereby the patient doesn’t get worse NOR become any better, just remaining as you are.
Here I’ve found although having to go private (cos going public is an absolute disaster) I read with most of you, you have an MS team, & an MS nurse who will call to your homes re- assessing how the mser patient is doing.
This amazes me to be frank, as it’s not happening with those in Ireland (Rep of) πŸ€”
Thank you in advance.
Jane

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@jane_watts , MS doesn’t “burn out”, it goes into remission. A state that we all try to achieve and maintain, where any MS progress is negligible.

I take your point about the different care and health services available in different countries. You can always suggest improvements to your elected member of your Oireachtas Γ‰ireann.

jane_watts
1 week ago

@stumbler
Thank you for your response I appreciate this.
At that appointment my neurologist claimed ‘this is another form with MS’, I did argue politely then & there, but he felt ‘oh yes it just seems to burn out’.
I knew in my heart of hearts this had to be codswallop. Or using physiologists tactics (sorry don’t mean to offend anyone)
I’ve suffered many relapses, obviously got to know myself when in remission so the fairy tale of burn out never came into the equation for me.
Stumbler I genuinely appreciate your reply, as you spoke my thoughts on this for a very long time thank you.
As regards government…. Lol….
Our nurses are striking on different dates I back them 100%. That’s the corrupt government…..

dramaqueen
1 week ago

It sounds good but the nurses only talk and log changes it is helpful. Great your in remission long may it last.

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Thank you so much for your reply truly appreciate this
At this stage I really don’t know what I am in, I struggle each day physically, rise early to clean down stairs of the house, I darent attempt going upstairs chances are I’ll bounce down on my head like a ball πŸ™„ πŸ˜‚
I’ve a neurologist appointment this coming June 17th. Here it’s 6 monthly, yes I’ve missed a cpl due to family issues. And the death of a very close friend 6 months younger than I.
Pancreatic cancer, I felt so broken hearted too loose a best pal.
Beginning to feel like an idiot.
That seems to be when I slipped rapidly down hill physically.
I genuinely can’t thank you & @stumbler enough, for your words of wisdom.
Jane

dramaqueen
1 week ago

Jane i’m 28yrs into this illness and have had major bereavements. My brother and my partner this added emotion dose effect your ms. It takes time if ever to get over loss. But you must try to occupy your time to re leave this emotion. I would describe my day as a struggle. Do you useany aid to walk? Do you take any medication? Agood magazine i get loads of info from is pathways published by ms society. Its worth a read. But most of all be kind to yourself and listen to your body. Its ok to feel like an idiot I bet others dont think that of you. Take care Sandra.

melmel1
1 week ago

Jane_watts I wanted to go private but so expensive in london are you on DMD’s at the moment? X

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Wow thank you so much again for your support In replying.
I’m so so sorry you’ve suffered such massive heartache, & I have the cheek to complain, I’m so very, very sorry Sandra.

I have a walking cane but just use it for outdoors, (impossible to walk distance for me for a one that was highly physically active) I’ve a walking aid on wheels & a wheelchair for which the latter I refuse to use preferring to make my legs walk even though it’s only a cpl of steps. Keep my brain active via what you’ve suggested, difficult crosswords & hate to say this but keeping abreast of political issues.
I understand myself I’m going through a massive amount of stress, which is a shame.
I’m not taking any medication presently preferring a more natural concept.
I’m usually happy go lucky full of wit, I feel myself the anniversary is drawing closer hense my emotions.
I apologise for taking up your time Sandra, but will take all you’ve advised on board.
I really don’t think we get over loss, yet apart of me feels we let them go they never let us go, sounds ridiculous, difficult to explain too. Perhaps this grieving (as I’ve not experienced it before) will get easier given time. Tomorrow is another day filled with unexpected delights. 😊 I hope. πŸ€”
Thank you so much, I really am heartened at your words. Thank you.
Jane

jane_watts
1 week ago

@melmel1
Gosh thank you for your message Melmel
No I’m not on any meds & haven’t been for a number of years now, was getting on fine too.
Jane

melmel1
1 week ago

@jane_watts its so unpredictabls this ms lol ,im sure you will start to feel better soon, did you choose not to be on any Dmd’s ?x

jane_watts
1 week ago

@melmel1
Yes my choice Copaxone was good until it gave up on me. Avonex useless after some months I gave up on it & suffered horrendous headaches for a week,,,, LDN 4.5 mg but after a cpl of years I knew that’s not doing its job so gave it up lol.
I’m an open book always have been that’s what you get having been born in London within the hearing of bowbells & raised in Co. Galway (live now in Mayo πŸ™„) We’re extremely open. (Galweegeens)
Don’t know how you fair regarding ‘whats app’, ? But anybody here Ior there in Shift i’m there for you all you’ve all been a fountain of support & I thank you. It is unpredictable MS usually I pass no remarks of it going about happy jolly full of wit. It’s got to be this anniversary coming up, I should have thought of this before disturbing everyone on shift. At the same time I’d be lost without this forum. Jane πŸ’œ

melmel1
1 week ago

@jane_watts really nice to speak to people that just get it family dont gt it and mosy people dont care, but on here is a wonderful network xx

jane_watts
1 week ago

@melmel1
I know !!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ It’s gas (funny) what’s so difficult to understand ? πŸ˜‚ Nosey πŸ™„ there’s nobody as nosey as those here where I live jeepers they’d take first second & third prize πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚As for family don’t get me started πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

melmel1
1 week ago

@jane_watts you have really cheerd me up lol

jane_watts
1 week ago

@melmel1
No Melmel you’ve cheered me up, I even giggled at one of the comments, I cannot genuinely thank you enough you’re a shining star you are, thank you. I’m promiting you to ‘earth angel’. You’re that little Ray of Sunshine, we all need πŸ’œ

melmel1
1 week ago

@jane_watts aww really apreciate that a cup of tea and choc i m ready to have right nowamd forget the day lol

jane_watts
1 week ago

@melmel1
Stick kettle on I’ll bring choccy cake we’ll eat every crumb πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Thank you Melmel you’ve lightened my heart as did @dramaqueen.
Now choccy cake time me thinks for us πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

melmel1
1 week ago

@jane_watts yes we deserveeeeee that choc🀣 she does give great advice x

jane_watts
1 week ago

@melmel1
Yes she does, so does everyone here, all have their tuppence worth which is great.
We’ll yes the choccy cake if it passes we’ll get a party going πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

ra1n5had0w
1 week ago

I was duagnosed wth RRMS but in 12 years I haven’t had a relapse; I’m stuck with the same symptoms I had when I was diagnosed: numbness, pins & needles, brain fog, fatigue, urinary urgency, poor balance, etc. I haven’t heard of ‘MS burnout’, but I have suspected I might be categorised as having ‘Benign MS’. Maybe you’re the sane.

ra1n5had0w
1 week ago

(the SAME!)

jane_watts
1 week ago

@ra1n5had0w
Hello pleased to meet u David.
You’ve got a very good point there, benign, πŸ€”
Is your not taking DMDs your own choice? Have u given any a go? Or even considered DMDs?
I suffer some of your symptoms too but the balance is still very sketchy,
Excuse me for saying this, MS is a curr (pronounce as spelt). You’re very young David & you’ve so many symptoms to struggle through each day ….. You’ve a good attitude always remain positive, we’re all here for you, no doubt about that.
You were diagnosed same year as myself, so we could be ‘the terrible twins of ShiftMS’, πŸ˜‚ Alright, ok I’ll shut up πŸ˜‚
Seriously though perhaps you’re bang on with ‘benign’, we’ll battle on regardless & beat it somehow we’ll all win πŸ’ͺ 😊
Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate this.
Time for sleep . Good night & again thank you.
Jane

dramaqueen
1 week ago

Grief is a fact of life please dont apologise we have to accept our loses . I lost both my parents before i was 25 and then i lost my future with this robbing illness. When you spoke about them not letting us go, i do understand. I practised Buddhism went on spiritual retreats and practise chi gung. These practices have made me the person i am and have benefited me through this shit journey. You appear to be having fun with mel. To smile is medicine in itself.
Sounds likke our mobility is about the same. I have medication to help with symptoms like bladder control, fatigue and relax muscles but i’ve never been offered anything for my progressive ms. Its a bit drastic but take a look at aimscharity facebook page.

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
I’m so sorry taking so long to respond Sandra.
Gosh you poor thing losing both parents so young I’m so sorry to hear this, mam lost her father when she were 4 months her mother at 16, so I kind of understand where you’re coming from there.
It’s very sad & you had to endure more heartbreak, by gum you’re a strong person fair play, you’re to be admired greatly.
I can’t believe you understand me with what I said, you’re the first, you’ll probably be the only one I’ll ever meet to understand what I’m saying about losing someone. I believe they leave a footprint behind.
I touched on Buddhism through reading books etc also Chi (not sure if it was) gung definitely Chi at the beginning tho. There was both mental & physical excercises each stage taking one to another level, could do the balance excercises then not so much now πŸ˜‚
We do sound very similar in our symptoms, my bladder goes on strike flush the taps (water bill πŸ™„πŸ˜‚) shouldn’t I know but every maybe 3 days have a coffee for myself that works bladder empties fully up to that it can feel half full at times hense the coffee. I sometimes wonder about this pain it can get quite severe breathing excercises get me through. I’m finding in bed at night I’ve to keep my arms outstretched otherwise it’s too painful.
How come you’re not been offered medication for your progressive MS? Shouldn’t you have been given options to mull over? I think so .
Wait you see what my neurologist says to me in June πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ that’ll be interesting, then I’ll come on here huffing & puffing πŸ˜‚ at least it’ll give a laugh, if nothing else. πŸ˜‚
I’m going to look at aimscharity as you suggested & thank you.
Sandra I’m really not sure or keen on the medications offered out there, I’m very weary, I know sounds ridiculous, but that’s my make up.
Do you suffer back pain ? As though the spine is about to snap?
It’s true what you said, again you’re the first to say it as it is ‘shit journey’.
Yes Mel is a grand girl, great humoured think it’s choccy cake for us three, πŸ˜‚
Thank you Sandra you’ve been an absolute rock & I thank you from the bottom of my heart πŸ’œ

vixen
1 week ago

Hello @jane_watts, please can you save me some choc and tea? My two favourite things! It’s pretty poor this MS business, especially seeing the different levels of treatment and support you get depending on where you live. Still, it’s not all bad, at least you haven’t got to put up with Brexit in the way we are enduring it over here! Gonna need a lot of chocolate to get through the next few months……. πŸ™‚

jane_watts
1 week ago

@vixen
Of course there’s choccy cake & tea for you, would I leave you out? NO, I would never leave one of my own out. 😊
That bloody Brexit πŸ™„ ppl are at 6s & 7s here & are sick to their back teeth of the corruption in this Country, at last they won’t stand for it any longer
As for that Taoiseach he weren’t voted in by the ppl but by a small percentage in cabinet & he’s stated he’s ‘Europe’, in his dreams πŸ˜‚ on my FB page you’ll see where I’ve posted live coverage of most if not all (assuming fb haven’t taken it down πŸ™„) regarding the strife here.
I’m in Co. Mayo look to Castlebar I’m 15 minutes drive from that town.
I must admit MS is rotten I hate it ! Medical here is abominable. No GP ours retired, seemingly a halfwit was put in place, he was removed as there seemingly was so many complaints, then another doc seemingly he was wonderful but ,,,,, actually I think it was Friday gone he was finishing up. Emmmm don’t think there’s any docy here now for the moment. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I’m not joking, rural Ireland πŸ™„πŸ˜‚
You, Mel, Dramaqueen & myself had better stock up on choccy & tea it’s going to be a long wait πŸ€”πŸ˜‚
Way policitcs is going, who cares all the more reason to & chocolate for us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

jane_watts
1 week ago

@vixen
(All the more tea & chocolate for us) πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

dramaqueen
1 week ago

Emotionally strong but physically f—-d. Sorry to swear but that’s the only way to explain how i feel. But no matter it could be worse. I think any sort of holistic therapy is good for your soul. I really cannot balance either and without my wheely walker i would desperately hang on to walls furniture good job my flat is small. It’s all sent to try us.
They do catheters to empty urine bit drastic but people swear by them. I personally can’t see past my belly and my hands are numb so i don’t believe i’d physically cope. Ha ha. Pathways mag from ms society advertise them all the time. I’d be interested to hear what the neuro says apparently I have to go to my ms nurse to refer me these days.
I’ve taken LDN for years i’m not sure what its supposed to do but i wouldn’t give it up as twenty-eight years later still on my feet. It may have done something. It is prescribed at a much higher milligram to stop the effects of heroin.

I don’t understand politics I’m ashamed to say My son has just brought me a Mc flurry
whichis such a treat so much for the ms non dairy approach. Laters sandra.x

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Lol allow me give you a tip ,,,,,, every Galweegeen uses plenty of the ‘f’, word but it’s part of conversation never in an offensive manner, I think to be honest it’s jumping from speaking Irish to speaking English so plz don’t apologise Sandra.
God knows I’m the queen of bad language, (except I don’t understand the bad language the younger ones of today use & I don’t want to know, just the oul’ fashioned words I understand) πŸ˜‚
LDN is prescribed for a host of different Illnesses including cancer at different strengths. Illegal drugs I’m totally against I’m what we call here ‘Anti drug squad’.
I’ve no sympathy for any druggies.
Sorry if that offends anyone,,,,, live with it! I won’t tolerate illegal drugs/substances.
Have you tried cranberry juice? For your bladder to empty, summer fruits cordial? Barley water? Or a lemon cordial, these work for me as does tea/coffee oh & full fat milk. If you haven’t give em a shot trial & error then you’ll know which works faster for you.
Sandra I’m telling you now I just couldn’t put myself through self catheterizing, no way could i. Not the fact my fingers & hands are numb anyway along with tremors nope couldn’t do that I’d sooner burst πŸ˜–
Don’t be ashamed regarding politics I never was interested til all these families being evicted from their homes the four courts in Dublin is the highest court in the country, even they do Not know the law. This country is seriously corrupt in each & every sector as for the bloody government they’re another bunch of corrupt twats. They need to be sacked by the ppl start afresh with intelligent brains that will work hard for the ppl. The salary these politicians receive is massive it’s disgusting.
Getting off the subject of those b……s.
You’ll be the first to know when I’ve had my neurologist appointment what he said.
Your son is good to you mc flurry lucky you hope you’ve enjoyed it 😊
If my son arrived with such a treat I’d be panned out on the floor suffering a massive cardiac arrest πŸ˜‚ no I’m not joking your son is a gem 😊

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Hope to chat soon & thank you πŸ’œ

shamod12
1 week ago

@jane_watts

I’m from Ireland was diagnosed in 2004. I have had an MS nurse since the day I started attending my consultant. When I was diagnosed and sent I home I received a visit from Ms Ireland. And have gone to some of there meeting and outing. Receive newsletters . I was diagnosed when I was 25. So they had an interest in me as I was young and 5 years before that my sister had been diagnosed. Get in touch with ms Ireland. Find out what is happening in your area. And don’t forget it’s your body. Only you knows what is gong on. 😊

jane_watts
1 week ago

@shamod12
Hello & thank you for your reply.
Don’t know what County you’re in but for me Mayo.
MS Ireland πŸ€” yes a representative from there was with me a week ago. After all these years
Can’t do anything much I’m told, I expected that, then i was informed perhaps we could get a PA in to do some hoovering for you 2 hours a week, that managed to deflate to 1 hour per week. Right I break my bk hoovering down stairs a sitting room, the hall half way up the stairs darent go up any further due to imbalance, two down stairs bedrooms, I brush & wash kitchen floor oh & down stairs wet room. If I am granted a PA it’s only to Hoover sitting room hall & stairs @ one hour per week that’s perfect for me takes a load off
That’s it I’m afraid. The two upstairs ensuite bedrooms are ok the two downstairs are fine too I Hoover the downstairs bedrooms they’re easy.
I was asked had I ever collected for them so then & there there’s an implied undertone. no I hadn’t nor was I going to miss a day from work, nor had I any disability aids I bought what I had, I became so physically disabled with what I felt nowhere to turn & a son to raise
Any job applications I submitted became fruitless as I’m seen walking in to an interview having to use a walking stick naturally one is asked why ? When I tell em MS it loses the position immediately for me. After being told at those interviews I was more than qualified. When I said this to the MS representative the response was ‘well you see they wouldn’t know when you’d be in to work if you were sick or not feeling well’. It seems an mser is seen as unriable staff. Funny though all the years with this hateful disease when I was working through the most horrendous symptoms I never ever missed a day Nor was my work ever faulted. I functioned better working. It is as it is.
God but you were young being diagnosed & your sister too. How are you both doing?
I hope you both are doing well, & thank you so much for your message.
Oh btw an MS nurse phoned me some years ago from my neurologist Dept at the Bon Secours regarding treatment but I declined the treatment that was the only calls I received & God love that nurse she was standing in for the regular lady, both nurses were lovely never met them tho.

jane_watts
1 week ago

@shamod12
(Unreliable staff, πŸ™„ typo above πŸ™„)

jane_watts
1 week ago

@stumbler
I’m sorry disturbing you but need help with 2 links you had suggested on another post.
1) A link to excercises I have looked to MS trust U.K as am subscribed to them.
It’s failing me to find the link you had suggested & really these were great exercises to go alongside the physiotherapy.

2) There’s a male member (can’t remember his name) he’s written a blog, which I started reading, it’s seriously a clear concise & interesting read. Got called away from this blog can’t find it.
This gentleman left his blog details within one of his comments. He is in UK was in America but with being struck down with MS he had to naturally re assess his life. I’m dying to know how the blog continues.
If you can help I’d really very much appreciate this.
Thank you Stumbler.
Jane

stumbler
1 week ago

@jane_watts ,

I think you’ll find those exercises behind one of the links on this page :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/life-ms/exercise/build-your-own-exercise-routine

And, I’m pretty sure this post is about the blog you were reading :-

https://shift.ms/forums/topic/monthly-blog

dramaqueen
1 week ago

I use a saddle stool to get around my flat wash up ,hoover, ect as i have laminate. But you can’t use on carpet. You can achieve more without burn out.

jane_watts
1 week ago

@stumbler
You’re a genius thank you so very much, I really am seriously grateful for this.
Thank you too for such a speedy response, wasn’t expecting this information so quickly thank you.
Stay healthy Stumbler we’d be seriously lost without you here, information you can pass down to us all is massively educational & seriously helps ppl like me to understand a little better this horrific illness
All the Best again Thank you.
Jane

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Hiya great to hear from you. Wonderful idea am going to look one up thank you I’ve a wooden stairs, tiled hall & bathrooms, wooden floors after that so we can go racing lol
I’m going to go BK on LDN I have some not opened since December gone just wondering would they be ok to take? πŸ€”Never opened em.
Today is my worst physical day, pain, balance impeached feel like crapp.got hoovering done hours ago took out ashes set fire to light, sspine wants to break at base, legs seem to have given up with all the pain today. Feel a total wreck πŸ™„ just want tomorrow to be an easier day that’s all I ask, this is difficult to cope with I hate MS. Thank you for your suggestion means alot bloody good idea by sounds of it.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart
Jane πŸ’œ

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Forgot tiled kitchen damn them they’re hard in a fall πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

dramaqueen
1 week ago

Hope tomorrow is better for you but sounds like you done loads. Can get saddle stalls on eBay but you need them to go up high so you can reach the stove, sink 66inch plus . I’M5.4 and shrinking ha. Keep your eye on the base. Someone in your area may be selling on eBay mapper. M S Mags advertise them for hundreds. But eBay sell them 25.00 upwards. Probably amazon too. Take it Easy. I think the LDN should be ok. Its very hard for some to get this medication. Not many doctors will prescribe them. Hospital told me today phyusio for electrical foot stimulator for drop foot, stop baclofen as they make you weaker. I didnt know this.All the best sandra.x

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
You’re a mindful of information Sandra thank you, I’ll look to eBay first as I usually purchase car parts there that only take 3 days max to get to me. (Then I give verbal instructions since my hands can no longer attempt the task)

Baclofen ? Were you on this ?

Yeah the ldn would be fine, wait til I tell you, over here no problem getting a script, a gp can prescribe em too although my neurologist prescribes 6 month script. Collect each months from my pharmacy. They work out at €30 p/m
Do you take your LDN at night? I did neurologist said anytime can be taken.

How did the stimulator go for you today?
I hope you feel the benefits.

Wonder why some docs there won’t prescribe LDN ? πŸ€” That’s odd cos there’s no negative effects that we’re all aware of nor is there withdrawals I’m living proof of that πŸ˜‚

All in a day’s work here in the house then bloody feed the starving dinner πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ Yes I’m looking to that stool you suggested more days than often I’m literally holding myself up using the counter tops & cooker itself lol such is MS life.

Thank you for everything Sandra you’re very kind.
Chat soon.
Jane πŸ’œ

dramaqueen
1 week ago

Been on baclofen for years………………………….Stimulator was fine but walking slower uhh.Just washed up and hoovered the flat on the stool, this is a new one and a little fast. Need base to be quite sturdy as can get unbalanced. Need to rest now as hydro pool at 6 oclock. Pleased for our chats sandra.x

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen

Hi Sandra,
Great to hear you. You’re a busy bee today, your in top gear on that stool, we’re definitely having a race πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Hydro pool? I shouldn’t assume but is this like a swimming pool? Have you particular exercises to complete?
Don’t have any of that here so far as I know, we have pools like, for the public.
Last time I was in a pool was in Bantry Co. Cork so many snid remarks which surprised me for that County I got out of pool left em to it.
That was years ago, but has put me off using any other.
Sandra because of that med you mentioned does this mean ‘weakens’ you’ll have to build up muscle ? πŸ€” Swimming is excellent for this.
I know you’ve started with the pool left answering you so you had your rest.
I’m not doing a walking race with you cos I’ll be miles behind you πŸ˜‚ Dinner just over here too & cleaned up the evening is mine all mine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Chat soon hope in the end of the day you’re feeling brim full of energy, seriously I’m hoping you feel well that today brings you many positive results.
Jane πŸ’œ

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen
Good morning Sandra, how r u this morning?

Ok got nosey & looked up the ‘hydro pool’. As I was guessing something in the lines of ‘spa therapy’, wasn’t far off the mark, Bloody nice these are.
Well now aren’t you the posh lady πŸ˜‚ (I am joking.)
Seriously these pools look sooooo inviting. Found one over here couldn’t tell you where or which county it’s in cos I’ve never heard of that particular place, saying that I’ve driven areas & still don’t know the names πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ Such is life with Jane lol.
Try to let me know how you are feeling today. Jane πŸ’œ

dramaqueen
1 week ago

After spa pool knackered, didn’t do much swimming as I’ve had arm injury for about 4 months because of a fall. Waiting for a referral to muscle person. I know my upper body was getting weaker but it’s causing havoc with my hair. I don’t do hairdressers anymore so it’s pretty long. Yes, this physio said if I don’t get many spasms or stiffness too bad these tabs make you weaker and more fatigued. Seriously i don’t care what other people think. Its a bit morbid but I think they won’t be at my funeral so they don’t play a part in my life.
Recovered from spa doing doggy paddle. But its all movement even getting in the car. I wouldn’t want to challenge you to a race as I’m sure if there’s no seats to rest there is a likely hood neither of us would finish.πŸ˜‚Hope you have a good weekend. Take care. sandra.x

jane_watts
1 week ago

@dramaqueen

Sandra so sorry for delay in responding, last I saw of time it was 19:00 fell asleep, woke up 21:15 πŸ™„ had to let dogs out for their last toilet of the night. Rising from sitting position groggy, stumbling all over the room, let dogs out, refilled my drinking water container bade em good night, last I recall was saying to myself ‘to shower in a min’, the min never happened it was bloody a cpl of hours πŸ™„.

Yeah you would be wrecked after pool, that doggy paddle certainly takes up arm muscle energy.
So sorry you have an injury that’s plagued you for the past 4 months, especially when this occurred through a fall.

I laughed with your ‘plays havoc with your hair’, thinking we’re twins from different mother’s, I don’t use hairdressers either, don’t dye the hair always hoped to become a head of white naturally, all I have is a cpl of grey πŸ™„ it’s almost sad what I’d have liked evaded me πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚ So like you it’s long.

I howled laughing with your idea of a race cos you’ve got it spot on πŸ˜‚
As it stands I use the walls, counter tops furniture to get about from room to room, I’d be lost without em πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Everything is movement Sandra & can be painful not to mention sapping the energy.

Ppl don’t see me anymore as they’re just too pass remarkable, their ignorance I understand this but, jeez it surely annoys me.
That’s what I loved about over there, I felt free, ppl weren’t judgemental or pass remarkable, a person is let live their life.

Well Sandra wishing you a fabulous weekend.
Mind yourself.
Chat soon.
Jane πŸ’œ

dramaqueen
6 days ago

Waiting to watch The Voice. I’m listening to my playlist on u tube all lovers Reggae. I have always loved reggae. I believe if i had regression therapy I was black in a past life. Ha.
I even went to Jamaica for Sunsplash in about 1991. Eating the remains of my son’s friends popcorn chicken and chips Double cooked chips yum. I find my cat Dolly a pain shes so demanding. I suffer it as shes 20 yrs old but still looks like a kitten. My dogs rude hes named Bruno a dog de Bordeaux cross American bulldog. All cares about is food. I can’t even open the tins Danny my son’s friend who lives here feeds him. He begins barking if past 4 o’clock the food isn’t served.RUDE.
Well i must go wee speak soon sandra.x

jane_watts
6 days ago

@dramaqueen

‘The voice’, that’s a kind of singing competition? I don’t watch any T.V so am guessing here.
Prefer a good factual book. So you could have been a great reggae performer if you loved reggae it’s good too, I’d have been in the crowd dancing my 5’3″ legs off πŸ˜‚ Loved dance from the oul’ fox trot coming forward all ballroom, & disco.
Those were the days eh,,,,,
Abigail (shih tzu) not one bit demanding loves her grooms, Polly (golden lab) is demanding but can be forgiven that as she’s a rescue with hip dysplasia on a pill for the rest of her life.
Maggie my cat was found in a plastic bag at approx 2 hours old a gentleman out for his morning stroll found her took her to the vets I used then, a friend of mine rang me to get there quick as the vet felt it would be better to put Maggie to sleep as her organs may not develop. I believe where there’s life there’s hope. So between me & my friend we bottle fed her cleaned her litter trained her, I can’t move from a room but she’s roaring running after me πŸ™„πŸ˜‚
Seven years on she’s still kitten like.
Your Dolly at 20 that’s a wonderful age Sandra, credit to you, Dolly loves you to bits ok does Bruno. They think they know better than us, they probably do too πŸ˜‚
I’ve never managed to have any cat get to 20 heart or cancer disease got all mine. So heart breaking. Maggie’s the first I’ve taken on in years.
Your Dolly is a clever girl. x
So is Bruno he can tell the time, clever boy. x
Now I’ve bored you (for which I’m sorry)
Enjoy your programme, I’m going bk to the last war read on as I do.
Btw 1991 sounds a great year to enjoy, actually the 80′ & 90′ weren’t half bad at all.
Chat soon.
Jane πŸ’œ

dramaqueen
5 days ago

Oh how I loved to dance. Didn’t really like the80’s pop but I know there were some classics which I don’t remember till played. Maggie, Polly, and Abigail must keep you on your toes. As when they want food they let you know. Then it’s cleaning after them all a bit much. I couldn’t have Bruno if Alphy my son didn’t clean the garden. He was his dog but Bruno’s homes here.
Long story but ill make brief. I was put on tag for months and paid 400.00 fine cause Bruno pushed past me at the door and nipped a delivery woman. Not good but it was a bruise they took him to doggy prison and it was a whole 5 months until the courts decided they would let him live.
It’s the blind trials of the voice next week. Sounds sad but I enjoy. Have you checked out saddle stools yet? As I seriously couldn’t function without one. speak soon sandra.x

jane_watts
5 days ago

@dramaqueen

Polly definitely keeps me on my toes so to speak, cleaning up after her & Abigail nearly lands me on my head haha not beaten me yet. Maggie has her indoor litter in the bathroom she’s easy to clean up the litter just scoop.
Alot here you know don’t like black cats the oul’ witchie stories πŸ™„old wives tales.
My son isn’t like yours to clean up unfortunately.
I didn’t get round to the saddle stools yet Alexander (son) celebrates his 19th. So had prepared well for him just candles on cake today & a family home cooked meal.
He’s wearing his gift.
Cos it takes me quite some time I have to start well ahead of time, I’m so bloody slow. 😡

Once you enjoy your programme that’s the main thing Sandra.

I’m so sorry Bruno had to go through so much stress, he didn’t mean it, he really didn’t. Poor boy.
You & your son must have been worried sick, I’m sorry for both of you going through that stress.
All over now but the stress at that time must have been awful & Bruno is happy at home with you & Dolly. Then finding the money to pay out, it’s not easy.

Our dancing days are no more, so we’ll have to come up with a new plan of action πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

Chat soon
Take care
Jane πŸ’œ

dramaqueen
2 days ago

I seriously could not pick up after Brunnie he goes about 3x a day and without sitting over the mess,to clear it I can’t risk the consequences. You don’t look old enough to have a son of nineteen.
Hope the birthday celebrations went well. Dan takes care of the pets these days thank god.To be honest they jar me with there demands. Not really a pet lover anymore as MS can’t be assed and unfortunately i think there selfish as they dont give much back. I called for Bruno when I last or before last fell . Nothing . I think I love him? And Dolly if you give her attention she takes it too far. Ha I even wonder about steve my deceased partner that wasn’t the deal I look after you , you look after me. Liberty. Seriously haave a g🎈ood week. Sandra. x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.