Last reply 8 months ago
Buddy Network

Hello

What are people’s experience of using the Buddy Network on here? Do you have someone that you go to when you need someone to be there? I am keen to connect with other MSers.

Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

crystal-2017
8 months ago

Hello @cherrylane
I am also new to this and recently diagnosed. I signed up for a Buddy in December but only recently matched. It has only been a few weeks but it is going well. You decide between you the amount of contact and how, but as its out of their own time it is good to not chose too frequently. It is early days but I am finding it helpful. I am struggling with my diagnosis and on here at the moment its a lot about their symptoms and meds which just freakes me out. I would sign up and give it a go. It’s nice to talk to someone who understands what you are going through. My buddy is lovely.

finn15
8 months ago

Hi @cherrylane definitely sign up and hopefully matched soon
It benefits on many levels in my opinion, nothing ventured.
It’s a great positive to talk through, get unanswered questions or even to draw upon someone’s experience of overcoming a situ
I’m yet to be matched but when I am, I’m sure it will be a plus
All the best

Anonymous
8 months ago

Thank you @crystal-2017 interesting points

Anonymous
8 months ago

Never heard back from them never a we are still working on finding you someone

sarahshift
8 months ago

Good to read people’s comments on the Buddy Network. The network is currently a pilot and continuously being developed. It is going very well and has been welcomed by the community so it’s something we hope to continue.

@dominiqueg I’m afraid we don’t have any Buddies in Canada at the moment who would be best placed to support you. We hope for this to change as we move on from the pilot and grow the network further.

If anyone is interested in signing up for a Buddy: http://shift.ms/find-a-buddy

Or if you’d like to become a Buddy, email [email protected]

Anonymous
8 months ago

@sarahshift well not informing me of that fact isn’t a nice thing at all. I was waiting on an eventual answer. I can officially say shift ms has been a let down from the beginning. This isn’t really a community to help people. It’s like a Facebook for people with ms so a lonely place you get to write whatever you want down and have people judge you or say things like message me when you want and they never answer. Thanks for nothing.

sarahshift
8 months ago

Sorry to hear you feel that way @dominiqueg and this has been your experience of the community. We aim to make Shift.ms a safe space for people to connect, our members are very welcoming and positive, it’s a real shame you have experienced otherwise.

Buddies are people with MS that train and volunteer their time to be partnered with another person. We rely on members coming forward to volunteer and take on this role. Unfortunately, no one in Canada has come forward yet – we hope this will change though. I’ll drop you an email to explain further.

Thanks
Sarah

Anonymous
8 months ago

@sarahshift I understand the concept my only concern is why no one informed me it wasn’t possible for me to get this feature. I totally understand and it must be hard to find people but it made me feel ignored and well like I don’t matter. I didn’t even get a response till today and that’s a shitty thing to do in my opinion.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.