Last reply 2 weeks ago
Brrrr

Now the cold weather is setting in, how’s everyone doing? For me it’s pretty tough. I’m more tired due to it being harder n tougher moving about on pins.

Heating on n laid on settee, paradise!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
2 weeks ago

Cold weather is the pits, but the early dark nights do my head in. I was up north this week (York) and must admit I was relieved to get back to the polluted, yet comparatively balmy capital. Yep, heating on, hot bath, feet up on sofa, bliss…

ianmsf
2 weeks ago

Yes the cold sucks!!!!

It was warm for so long, I especially notice the cold when I go out on my mobility scooter.

Putting on extra layers this week.

watsoncraig
2 weeks ago

For me Hell will be icicles not flames!

Getting up and scraping the car has me almost out of spoons for the day, ho hum at least it starts to warm up come May.

@vixen York is not north. North is above Aberdeen (well at least to us frozen Jocks)

buitenmus
2 weeks ago

The cold doesn’t bother Me that much, but the Dark seems To make Me deel even more tired….

rotherhamdave
2 weeks ago

Having no car now @watsoncraig, scraping is a less hassle job to do (woo hoo). I Best Buy a sledge

chezy17
2 weeks ago

I’m flipping freezing, I prefer the heat than the cold, counting down to spring again 😂😂😂!

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@chezy17 , you could do with a man to give you a cuddle……… 😉

amanda_myers
2 weeks ago

I prefer hot to cold….never been good in cold! Been going on sunbeds not good i know but thats the kind if temperature im best in. Cold feels like its inside me and my body doesnt move properly and until my house is minimum 25° im not happy 😟

chezy17
2 weeks ago

@ stumbler Stick on the old ball and chain again…nah lol!

The answer to that is buy a thicker duvet 😂😂😂😂!

jenniferdiaz1188
2 weeks ago

Hey! Ive been waiting for the cooler weather because the summer drains all of my energy but, I was far from prepared. I’ve been sick as a dog. I can’t seem to get rid of this cold 😩! Plus my bones have been feeling extra brittle. I just twisted my ankle last week! It’s about that time to start wearing my ankle brace again.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

Aw, @chezy17 , not every bloke is a ball and chain, some are kind and considerate.

I can understand that your munchkins are your present priority, but they will eventually fly the nest. And, you look like a fun loving gal, who shouldn’t end up lonely.

Just think of a nice peachy bum to warm up your feet in these chilly nights………… 😉

watsoncraig
2 weeks ago

@stumbler, pass the sick bag

chezy17
2 weeks ago

Yeah I know they aren’t but I guess having been with someone for so long and then finding yourself going it alone does change you.

Not in a bad way though, heck I’ve learned so much and I’ve done so much for me and the munchkins 😊.

I do hear ya, I’m anything but lonely as I have an amazing family and fantastic friends 😊! Haha I went to see Halloween last night, the seats are amazing now as they’re recliner ones and it was nice just to watch a film in my own thoughts 😊.

Thanks though stumbler, peachy bottoms at a distance lol!

Besides a man is for life and not just for winter 😂😂!
Happy Halloween 👻🎃👻!

markp
2 weeks ago

I’m the opposite; and have been counting down the days for this welcome return temperature wise!

I just cannot handle the heat and that heatwave we battled this year nearly finished me off.

Rollated the street this morning in just a t-shirt & shorts whist everone that passed me are in padded coats and wearing gloves; it is just so much easier in this weather for me and I cannot manage that walk it if it is too warm.

Whilst in summer & hearing the ‘Game of Thrones’ tagline “winter is coming” I did often react with a little cheer and a prayer; “the sooner the better!”

criswell
2 weeks ago

I dread it.Winter often lasts 6 or 7 months here in Minneapolis.

rotherhamdave
2 weeks ago

Hot weather drains me

Cold weather stiffens me.

Today isn’t bad but still tough getting legs going. Bloody ms!! Just go away. Halloween 🎃 , it’s definitely a trick n not a treat

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.