Last reply 5 years ago
Bowel problems

I’ve been restricted with movement lately, as you know. This has lead to bowel problems. For me it’s been an impacted bowel. Mightily uncomfortable and something I’ve experienced before (hospitalised) and most unpleasant. I’ve had to turn to enemas to relieve the strain, such as Microlax.
What, if you’ve needed to, have you turned to?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edgarleroy
5 years ago

Miralax (PEG 3350) keeps things soft by getting more water into the GI tract. I combine it with psyllium powder. I also try to apply some motion to the gut while breathing – kind of like meditation, focusing on the rise and fall of the abdomen. If too much time passes, suppositories works for me. It’s funny the things I now have to pay attention to.

pottypete
5 years ago

It’s better now, thankfully. Thha IBS makes it a little more difficult to sort out.

highheeledfagin
5 years ago

Pretty bad constipation, so I’m on Bisacodyl. I’ve had to increase the dosage as the amount that was a bit overkill when I first started now doesn’t even help.

steve0967
5 years ago

Hi Pete, Had same problems also leading to hospitalization, with enemas, not nice experience. I use Laxido now to keep me regular, touch wood all good so far

cazzzzzy
5 years ago

A few days ago I ate a whole bag of prunes and that did move me finally!!! Now it has been too long again – gonna have to invest in some more prunes!

Have you tried prunes?… The old traditional can help 🙂

Good luck xxx

cameron
5 years ago

I have a wholefood cake recipe that is absolutely lethal. One slice maximum! Will post if anyone interested.

pottypete
5 years ago

I can only eat tiny meals and can’t tolerate high fibre stuff as that exacerbates the IBS and my oesophageal reflux disease. I’m between a rock and a hard place, which seems quite fitting, hahaha, it certainly feels like that’s what’s in my bowel at times.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.