Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@sheen, I can sense your frustration with the situation that you find yourself in.

MS can be a formidable enemy and impose its will on us. But, we can also be formidable.

Are you working with a neuro-physio, to see what is possible for you?

drummondbass
1 week ago

Video games 🙂

johns
1 week ago

I like to download audiobooks/podcasts…

Hope that helps.

vixen
1 week ago

Hi @johns, the back catalogue of Desert Island Discs is always a winner. Even if you don’t know half the people, you can learn so much 🙂

@sheen No matter what you situation is finding some way to elevate your heart rate and get some motion is going to be great for you. Consider watching this video for some inspiration:

edmontonalberta
1 week ago

@sheen

Thanks to MS, your options are limited. But since you have had this disease forever – you have been able to do things you enjoy. Now with the wheelchair, how many of them can you still do?

We have a neighbour in a wheelchair. Not sure why and it is not important. She has the cutest / friendliest support dog. We chat on the elevator every few weeks when she comes back from wherever keeps her busy during the day. She is happy.

Others have suggested audio books & video games; which is great if you enjoy them. I like games + winning. Therefore non-stop card games is in my future; and of course, the internet. Probably a support dog… 😉

Self evaluation on your side – what can you still do that you enjoy?

sheen
1 week ago

Thanks to all, I’m going to a gym this afternoon manned by physios for the first time at –https://www.revivemssupport.org.uk – I feel great that they think they have things that I can still do.

NOTE : Weblink updated – admin (stumbler). 😉

brando
1 week ago

now this depends on the person,

Video games
Exercise
Cooking
Creating art
writing
reading
exploring
learning an instrument
studying
programming IT
website designing
journalism
investigation (private investigation)
volunteering
woodwork
learn to do tricks
play a sport (wheel chair basketball)
swimming
shooting (gun range)
archery
reviewing
watching youtube videos
streaming (twitch)
learn to be a magician

I hope this helps, I made a lost of things I can do if I ever end up in a wheel chair a long time ago so I am just regurgitating.

best of luck and I hope this helps

Brando

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.