jcorvec 11/02/18
Last reply 5 months ago
Bladder and PPMS

Hi! I am really suffering and struggling with every kind of ‘bladder’ problem and it’s getting worse. The neurologist and family doctor referred me to a mean horrible scary urologist – I waited almost 3 years, then wanted to give up when the new urologist yelled and was not nice because I admitted I drink tea…he wants me to go for a camera scan of my bladder (which he will do) and I am so weak and sick I don’t want to go. I already went for a horrible test with tubes up my orifices. I wonder what good it would do to have the camera thing? Remember I am Canadian so our system is different. I wonder if there is medication for me (I’ve tried 2 and was suicidal) A nurse told me I will need a catheter later anyway. It’s hard to find anything out here, and if you are not rich you’ve really had it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

@jcorvec , have they yet determined what the problem is?

I know with MS we can have an “over-active” bladder and we can suffer from urine retention. The Flexible Cystoscopy (the camera thing) should give them the last piece in the jigsaw for you.

Yes, you may need to use a catheter. This is a method to ensure that your bladder empties completely. disposable catheters can be used and whilst the process seems alien, the benefits are amazing.

Hang in there.

edmontonalberta
5 months ago

@jcorvec

My bladder challenges are “30 seconds or less” or “just kidding”. The first one is easily handed by ensuring I have easy access to a bathroom; except for the winter when it is very cold. I go from a warm building to -30 into a warm car to -30 then into a warm building. I sometimes leave my boots on & throw my coat onto the floor to give me a chance to get to a bathroom. My wife got me some bladder pills that stop the process but when they are wearing off I need to be inside a building close to a bathroom waiting & waiting.

The second is also frustrating. Dining out; my stomach is full & whatever I drank is waiting yet unable to go. I went to a hockey game with my sister – every intermission I tried yet nothing. Sure enough as soon as we we left the arena & waked to the car, the 30 seconds or less kicked in…

jcorvec
5 months ago

Edmontonalberta I have those problems too and they may even be worse than yours. (possibly because I am female, I hate to venture to say) What is your pill and what does it do? I fear I will never be in a car again because I can hardly walk. When you say 30 seconds, do you mean you keep having to go? I have almost constant urgency and incontinence and can’take of at times like you. You are all so nice and helpful!!!

jcorvec
5 months ago

I meant ‘can’t go’ – bad autocorrect lol.

jcorvec
5 months ago

Stumbler you are so diligent at helping all of us! Thank you so much! I will search about disposable catheters. I will ask my family doctor how that could be achieved and when. I do not get infections and have more than overactive bladder, and I don’t have symptoms of stones. I know some old old women live ‘sitting on the commode’ and wonder if that will be me soon? Either that or have someone change incontinence diapers constantly. (Cheaper with commode) Trying to think of all the logistics of the whole thing. Presently I’m getting a company to send someone to help me in my home, and waiting to see if the government will help. Very nervewracking, and my poor son is scared.

stumbler
5 months ago

@jcorvec , sssshhhhh with that “diligent” word. My wife will wonder who she’s married too! Ha Ha!

Here’s our UK website offering advice on this problem :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/bladder-incontinence

There are many things that can be done to help, from drug treatments through to SupraPubic Catheters and all stations between.

This problem has been the bane of my life, so I’ve tried quite a few of the remedies. I’m presently on Botox injections into the bladder. It’s an undignified procedure, but it’s provided a new lease of life to me.

You’re doing the right thing in searching for answers. If we don’t ask the questions, who would we ever advance.

Your 12 year old would be scared with what’s going on with you. He just needs reassurance that you won’t be disappearing from his life anytime soon. 😉

edmontonalberta
5 months ago

@jcorvec

Toviaz is by Pfizer; I needed a prescription to get it…

marydev
5 months ago

Hi
I suffered greatly with urgency and bladder spasms it was like every five minutes I was going .
Over Christmas my bladder was in constant spasm so I ended up getting botox and a super pubic cather put in this was suppose to fix every thing.
5 weeks in the urgency has reduced by 80% the over active bladder hasn’t I was told to cut out tea and coffee and alcohol as they aggravate the bladder I don’t understand why if the botox mobilise the bladder why it still gets aggravated.
Mary dev

stumbler
5 months ago

@marydev , I’m aware that caffeine is a bladder-irritant.

dramaqueen
5 months ago

pads give you confidence it allows you more time and eliminates embarrassing situations. I take solifenicin recommended after a trial for goat serum believed to improve bladder problems failed.

potter
5 months ago

I have a mix of bladder issues and I can’t take any of the medication because of my blood pressure issues. I read recently that exercising your pelvic muscle can help with many issues. I found a Tens pelvic muscle floor exerciser on E-bay, I couldn’t find one in the U.S. I have only had it for a couple of weeks but is has already cut down on my urgent trips at night. The one I got is for women but the manual said you can get a anal probe for men. You also have to keep doing your Kegal exercises. I am very encouraged, been up once or twice during the night instead of three or four, I have only used it for a couple of weeks. Potter

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.