Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 years ago

@angelbum , dizziness or lightheadness is a common symptom of multiple sclerosis. If you get this symptom, then watching a ceiling fan going round is not going to help.

Fascinating as they may be, you need to stop watching them. 😉

angelbum
3 years ago

I can’t even sit under one even if you can see it at the corner of my eye !

A strange one lol

angelbum
3 years ago

Ha ha I’m certainly not watching them @stumbler I try my best to stay clear

Anonymous
3 years ago

I don’t think it is strange at all and not for the reason that you might think. I learned early on that my sensory damage made me extremely uncomfortable in big stores with only florescent lighting. They flicker with a high frequency that does not bother normal senses; but I learned to avoid this “flickering” light source to keep from feeling ill even to this day. I would think that a ceiling fan could create a similar flickering effect of background lighting regardless of the source. Just a hunch.

angelbum
3 years ago

Yes that’s another one that makes me feel sick flickering lights I’m glad I’m not going mad . Ha ha

It’s just such a horrible feeling I’m not good with the lights at the dentist either . In fact any bright lights directly at me I find very uncomfortable .

Anonymous
3 years ago

It just comes over me and I feel very uncomfortable. I have even felt the need to call someone to help me get out away from the offending source. It took me a while to get to the bottom of it because it is not something that your neuro will know about. Just experienced MS patients that are apparently rare for this symptom. But it is real! Chances are you have other vision related problems like sensitivity to bright lights? I have to avert my eyes from any potential bright light to avoid temporary blindness.

angelbum
3 years ago

Like the flash if a camera I get dotty vision after that all very weird if you tell anyone you look nuts only some people get this but as I said absolutely horrible

Anonymous
3 years ago

Same situation and a great example. I visit Disney World frequently as an annual pass holder. There are cameras everywhere with tourists,light shows, etc. I must be careful. I even must be careful driving and not catching an inadvertent reflection of sunlight off of polished chrome. Just learn what triggers exist and avoid them is my best advice. You are not alone! 🙂

graham100
3 years ago

Your right @angelbum. You are Nuts. Lol

Anonymous
3 years ago

Graham, I tried to be diplomatic about it!

angelbum
3 years ago

It’s good to be nuts in a good way and have a sense of humour also 🙂

angelbum
3 years ago

Disney best holiday ever back there this year !

Anonymous
3 years ago

Do you go to euro Disney or to the states?

angelbum
3 years ago

I have been to Euro once . Prob wouldn’t go again Florida is far the best and the service too . French were very slow food servers ha ha . In America everything is quick and I like there enthusiasm .

Have a nice day 🙂

Anonymous
3 years ago

That’s Brill! I am learning! 🙂

graham100
3 years ago

All my friends want to take me to Disney. So they can get to front of que?? ♿️♿️♿️

Anonymous
3 years ago

That’ hilarious, but true! Disney World is the most disability friendly place I know. I am 6 miles from their door and visit frequently. They make it very affordable for residents and every place is wheel chair accessible. I have a scooter and go mainly for special live entertainment, food and still sometimes am able to walk outside the parks (too crowded, would fall) I park in between Epcot and Hollywood Studios and can travel between both parks on a single charge if need be. I like American Idol and this time of year the Spring Festival has begun at Epcot. I caught a live show last night before watching the fireworks and getting ice cream and I discovered a bakery and roasted nut stand all which I enjoy with coffee! Somebody’s got to do it. 🙂

Anonymous
3 years ago

BTW, if you guys are fans of Star Wars, Studios puts on an event for a couple of weeks that is amazing! I am sure they will out do themselves this year since they announced a new film for later this year.

angelbum
3 years ago

My fav of all is Halloween horror night at universal . It’s a must see

Anonymous
3 years ago

Have not done that. That is a really fun park too! Very young focused with more state of the art rides. I like all of it. Just don’t come when it gets so hot! Florida is beautiful during Halloween season as well as the rest of the year minus the long summer. I am a prisoner inside with the AC when the mercury rises because of heat intolerance.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.