Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

That’s a tough question, @katjay.

As far as I’m concerned, MS is a progressive and degenerative condition, so that, even with Relapsing/Remitting MS (RRMS), you probably won’t remit and regain 100% of what you lost in the relapse.

Having said that, there’s no reason why you can’t make an almost full recovery. But, everyone is different so there are no hard and fast rules. You need to allow yourself to recover, which may not always be possible in this fast and demanding world that we live in.

Given what I’ve said above, it is important to tone yourself up in periods of remission. This would keep your body at the optimum level for when and if you have another relapse.

It’s quite simple, the better you are when you start a relapse, the better the recovery.

Just look after yourself, be selfish and put yourself first whilst you get over this.

Good luck

Anonymous
3 years ago

I had a fairly major one and got over it. That was over two years ago and nothing since. Give it time.

hollylb10
3 years ago

I had internuclear ophthalmoplegia and recovered completely in around 6 weeks. I feel very lucky! Now I am just waiting for an appointment to discuss treatments….

alli
3 years ago

Ive had a few so far after my dx 2/3 yrs ago and it took quite a few months to “recover”, but things are still different, so I like to say everyday is an adventure…albeit a scary adventure at times, but I try to go about my days and listen to what my body is telling me and or meditate on it.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.