Last reply 10 months ago
Benefits of MS

This is an extract of a presentation I gave to the employees of a socially minded commercial company this week to help them understand disability more.

“There are some benefits from having MS. I know these are difficult to see and appreciate. I wouldn’t want myself or anybody else to have MS to find out and experience what they are. But slowing life down so markedly has meant I’ve had a lot of time to think. I have thought about things in a way that I hope I would have done without MS but in reality I would have been too busy to slow down.”

So you can look on the bright side and turn a huge negative into something very positive.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

zoeb
10 months ago

What a great thing to say and I completely agree. I have been asked whether I regret having ms and on consideration, I would like to not have ms, but I feel I’ve been given the opportunity to have a richer life because of it.
I re-evaluated my career and am now doing something I love, I took up playing the piano again, I am healthier than I ever was, and I have learned to value what’s really important in life (my friends and family…), I’ve met some fantastic people and started volunteering, I think I’m kinder to myself and others… and like you, my life is slower and I have more time to think.

I’m not suggesting I’ve always felt this way about my ms. But over the past few years, I’ve definitely felt more at peace with it.

stumbler
10 months ago

There’s always a positive. We just have to be able to see it………… 😉

Anonymous
10 months ago

Another extract from my presentation which is relavant to @stumbler following me reading his bio

‘I was acutely aware my condition was progressive and that tomorrow would be worse than today. I felt like I had aged 40 years in 4.’

Your 80+ comment struck.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.