andrewinripon 08/02/18
Last reply 1 month ago
Benefits of MS

This is an extract of a presentation I gave to the employees of a socially minded commercial company this week to help them understand disability more.

“There are some benefits from having MS. I know these are difficult to see and appreciate. I wouldn’t want myself or anybody else to have MS to find out and experience what they are. But slowing life down so markedly has meant I’ve had a lot of time to think. I have thought about things in a way that I hope I would have done without MS but in reality I would have been too busy to slow down.”

So you can look on the bright side and turn a huge negative into something very positive.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

1 month ago

What a great thing to say and I completely agree. I have been asked whether I regret having ms and on consideration, I would like to not have ms, but I feel I’ve been given the opportunity to have a richer life because of it.
I re-evaluated my career and am now doing something I love, I took up playing the piano again, I am healthier than I ever was, and I have learned to value what’s really important in life (my friends and family…), I’ve met some fantastic people and started volunteering, I think I’m kinder to myself and others… and like you, my life is slower and I have more time to think.

I’m not suggesting I’ve always felt this way about my ms. But over the past few years, I’ve definitely felt more at peace with it.

1 month ago

There’s always a positive. We just have to be able to see it………… 😉

1 month ago

Another extract from my presentation which is relavant to @stumbler following me reading his bio

‘I was acutely aware my condition was progressive and that tomorrow would be worse than today. I felt like I had aged 40 years in 4.’

Your 80+ comment struck.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.