Last reply 6 years ago
Benefits

I have just been turned down for Employment Support Allowance. Againi!! I have just applied for Job Seekers Allowance. My body is not knackered enough to get ESA, but too knackered for JSA. I am stuck in the middle.
Anybody else had the same experiences?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

danrb80
6 years ago

I work for the Jobcentre and the best advice I can give you is to appeal on the decision with a form GL24. Also speak to the (ESA) benefits office (the Jobcentre can give you the number for your benefits office). Speak to your local Welfare rights or CAB about what to do next. The important thing is to get the appeal in ASAP. Have you tried DLA (disability Living Allowance)? try them. This information should be available on Direct.gov.

Anonymous
6 years ago

I spent all of wednesday(May 2nd) trying to get ESA. No luck. Because i can still stand up they consider me available for work so they have stuck me on JSA. I can re-apply for ESA when my situation changes. The disability person at the job centre told me that i would have not passed the medical examination.

paul2011
6 years ago

are you on incapacity benefit and reassessed or is this a new application for ESA? I was a civil servant and they got rid of me because I wasn’t fit enough to do the job and put me on incapacity benefit. i can still walk, talk climb 2 stairs etc etc!! it’s the constant severe fatigue, dizziness and lack of energy that was the problem (and that’s just a start.) what they do with me is going to be interesting.

Anonymous
6 years ago

Incapacity benefit no longer exists for new claimants from April 2012.
I am too healthy to pass the ESA medical even though I have severe fatigue, dizziness, permanent numb feet. Hopefully the job centre will change me change from JSA to ESA in the immediate future.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.