Last reply 1 year ago
Being 'Differently' Abled

I have written a book, Born Together- Patricia Gachagan, about my compelling journey through motherhood and Multiple Sclerosis- my immune system attacked itself after giving birth to my son, Elliot. That was eleven years ago, but I see myself-and always have done- as ‘differently’ abled, absolutely not disabled. I have found new ways to do old things and I hope others do too in this journey with MS. I have created my MS jigsaw with all the pieces that help me still live a full and enriched life, despite Multiple Sclerosis. As a fellow MSer, please never give up and keep finding ways to overcome this disease. I didn’t think I was going to manage MS and being a mum, but it has been the best thing I have ever done and the most comfortable journey I have ever been on. Positive thoughts always x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

merfield
1 year ago

Well good for you, writing a book. You sound very positive and constructive. I’m sure you must be so happy to have your son as I am to have my daughter ( now grown up ). It’s all about making the best of whatever stage you find yourself in – not always easy at times, but worth striving for. Differently abled is a good way of putting it….have as good a day as possible with your son. Xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.