Last reply 1 year ago
BALCOFEN

Hello all. I’ve just started taking balcofen to help with muscle stiffness. I’ve been advised by a GP to start with half a tablet (15mg) and then to ween up to taking it 3 times a day.

Now for a stupid question… will that be 3xhalf a tablet daily (equalling a total of 45mg) or ween up to 3 whole tablets daily (equalling 90mg)

Also, what dosages do you guys take (what the normal recommentd dosage, or does it vary person to person) and how does it help?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@chate-patel , why not see what your body will tolerate?

You have to find the dosage which is right for you. The dosage that addresses the stiffness and spasticity, without introducing a physical weakness.

It’s a bit of a balancing act, so rather than worrying about whether to go to 45mg or 90mg, see how you go with 15mg and just add another 15mg if you need it and so on.

chate-patel
1 year ago

Thanks @stumbler. I will ween up as you mention. 15mg and see how it goes, then 30mg…

Like you said it’s a balancing act.

Many thanks!

abhishiv90
1 year ago

I had some serious muscle cramping troubles on my left side for which, I took 20mg of baclofen. Half of 10 mg in the morning, half of 10 in the afternoon and one full 10mg at night, thanks to which, I passed out cold every night.

bexhc
1 year ago

I have tablets that are 10mg and was advised to start with half of one every night for night time spasms. I take 20mg now and that seems to do it for me. I’d start as low as possible and work your way up, if I go to 30mg it relaxes the muscles too much.

simmonlm01
1 year ago

I’ve been prescribed baclofen in the past. It made me really depressed. . .I asked myself one day “Why am I not happy?” After googling the medication, I found that it can cause depression. . .which is already something we’re at risk for. Just be careful and listen to your body 🙂

pommykev
1 year ago

Hi All,

I’ve been on 10mg tablets fr a few years now.
I try and keep to 1 in a morning and 1 at night.
My neuro thinks up to 30mg is ok, but doesn’t recommend more than that unless really necessary.

Either way build up slowly and come off slowly and DO NOT jump from zero to 20+!!
That made me paralysed once for a few hours.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.