Last reply 1 year ago
Balance physio tactics

Hi everyone
Yesterday I visited my aunt who was daignosed same year as me 2005.
She doesnโ€™t have balnace and coordnation problems as it appears I fear the stairs since my vertigo attack on 2010 I go so slow down stairs and my hand can go shaky at time.
Yesterday my aunt poored everyone 7 wonen cup of tea and her hand never shaked.
Evern her foot are walking right.
I never spend time going to physio I have a job and Iโ€™m young I wouldnt like anyone to know I have MS my aunt never told me she has and same with me I never told her or anyone.
You know us Saudis we prefer to close our issues in doors for reputation ๐Ÿ”ซ๐Ÿ˜…

If there is anyway to do the physio at home youtube video or website I would do it more regularely.

Thanks very much in advance x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

teresapascolat
1 year ago

Hello nutshell, I’m sure you can find something useful in mstrust. org. uk. Lots of information there for your exercises๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Take good care.

nutshell88
1 year ago

Many thanks @teresapascolat ^_^
Iโ€™m great in searching online but in in finding what Iโ€™m searching for.
At least not always.

teresapascolat
1 year ago

Hi nutshell, me I’m absolutely useless in finding anything online or in opening my mind to the net๐Ÿ˜•&๐Ÿ˜€, but I’m sure you are much better!! Anyway, Stumbler-the wise- mentioned mstrust regarding many things, so we can actually trust it, right?!
All the best๐Ÿ˜ƒ

nutshell88
1 year ago

I know how you mean Ms, Teresa
MStrust is great indeed.
But my English is not that brilliant. And my sight is bad so my eyes feel stressed . ๐Ÿ˜

Anyway I Hope you a very pleaseful night :)) and thanks again

adamski
1 year ago

Hi @nutshell88 here’s where you will find what I think your looking for… go to the ms trust website and type in core stability in the search field. All the exercises to help balance are there.
Happy hunting Adam ๐Ÿ˜†

nutshell88
1 year ago

Hi Adam,

Thanks loads will start hunting and training from tomorrow since its weekend here Friday,Saturfay ๐Ÿ˜‰

nicecupoftea
1 year ago

Hi @nutshell88 my neurologist recommended I get Wii Fit which has a board you stand on and games which use your balance rather than a controller, I have found it really good and I actually enjoy it!

nutshell88
1 year ago

hi @nicecupoftea you know you reminded me wii fit I remember I read or heard about it regarding to MS balance years ago before I even go to uk when my level on wii gaming was getting worse slowly anyway hehe regardless, my gaming history
but I’ll keep this in mind many thanks and try to get it right after i get my salary x
cheers Xx

londonlad
1 year ago

@nutshell88

you could try some yoga which is good for both balance and also for relaxing.

My balance was massively impacted and to be honest the only reason i am able to compensate, has been by building up my core strength. so anything that makes your abs stronger, sit-ups, crunches, or plenty more you can look up.

its also helpful to build up calf muscles, and keeping your legs loose by stretching.

If you can get access to a neurophysio i highly recommend you do so.

let us know how you get on, and whether you need anything else.

cheers

londonlad
1 year ago

I also spend a lot of time, just balancing on one foot and the other resting on the other foot. Like a flamingo! lol
whatever you do, please make sure you take care, and go slowly to start.
take care

nutshell88
1 year ago

@londonlad thank you for your reply ๐Ÿ˜€ I try to stand on one foot and count to ten ._. I count very quick before my other foot falls .-. And I noticed when I go downstairs with someone holding my hand i go down quick and normal. So i started to hold the air with my hand imagining its someone holding me it partly helps lol. And I noticed whenI walk moving my hand back and forth and helps too. But still poor balance I say.

nutshell88
1 year ago

@londonlad my neuro is in another city 150km away and there is neurophysio but its not easy for me to go often my appointment with neuro/mri once a year. Everything is perfect with me regarding to ms except my balance. I wish I do sports but Iโ€™m a bad eater I have a bad appetite. Iโ€™m afraid if I do sports or excersise to gain muscles I lose weight :/ my weight is 44kg age 30

joybee
1 year ago

Hi nutshell, tai chi might be a good exercise to try. It can be relaxing too. You can find a lot of options on youtube just search for ‘tai chi for balance’. Here is one option https://youtu.be/exraa4c_0l4.

nutshell88
1 year ago

Thank you @joybee
Its a relaxing easy excersise. Can be done anywhere :D. I like that.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.