Last reply 2 weeks ago
Badgers journey to beat MS.

I have had MS for 14 years as well as being to Poland and Mexico in search of the cure.

As I am now treatment free but in a wheelchair I believe that I would be interested in helping anyone.

Regards

Barry

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

Hi @mcarthur82 . We welcome members that have had experiences that can be shared.

So, Poland and Mexico? I should imagine stem cells were involved……….

mcarthur82
2 weeks ago

Yes but in Poland in 2010 I had aa stent put in to aaaaallow blood to flow. This never worked so in 2016 I had HSCT in Mexico and this has worked.

I am treatment free but I was alreàdy in a wheelchair but I plan to wàĺk again.😁😀

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@mcarthur82 , ah, Zamboni’s Liberation Treatment! At the outset, it gave us all hope. But, all the hype allowed things to get carried away.

And your quest continued to Mexico…….

Keep the faith and get yourself walking. 😉

grandma
2 weeks ago

@mcarthur82 really hope you get back on your feet, it would be wonderful to hear if someone beating the odds. Please keep us posted.😍

vixen
2 weeks ago

@mcarthur82, great to meet you, especially as you are so positive. We’re there any more e,ents after the stem cell stuff?

mcarthur82
2 weeks ago

No more treatment the only negative is I am in a Wheelchair due To MS. 3 excersize routines daily as I plan to WALK again……

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

@mcarthur82 hi I was daignosed 14 years ago too. Now 30
Been treatment free but now I decided to start a dmt and I hope its the right choice.
Not disabled yet.

But may I ask have you ever been on treatment before stem cells.
And were you in wheelchair while you were in poland and mexico.

mcarthur82
2 weeks ago

I have only been in a wheelchair since 2012 and before I have been on Tysabŕi and Interferon. My last Tysabri was in January 2016.
I plan to build up my leg muscles to help me WALK again.

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

My austrian dr in Saudi Arabia said rebef is useless
I stopped it before he even say it

He said go on Tysabri
Visted New York Hopital in tge US
Prof saw me said im fine no need for Tysabri
But after he saw my MRI scans he said must go on tysabri or i might become bed bound by the end of the year
I cried but I refused to take any treatment untill last month.

MS varies so many factors interfere with it.
Might make it easy or cruel.

I hope you get all your abilities back ADAP

Greetings from Saudi
Stay strong minded and body and never worry or stress your mind

nutshell88
2 weeks ago

I’ve been anxious of treatments for so long
But now I’m on Gilenya altho my Saudi new drs said Rebef interferron but zi said No

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.