Last reply 4 months ago
Bad flu with gilenya now. Any recommend?

Hi
I woke up feeling under the weather.
At 6 I was sneezing so much.
After taking Gilenya I felt sleepy altho I had machiatto an hour before. Then got fli felt my eyes head mind was burning with fever.
Took panadol after an hr felt way better. But now I feel bad again. What should i do its weekend.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

melmel1
4 months ago

@nutshell88 how long have u been on gileneya for?

nutshell88
4 months ago

Can’t quiet remember. Maybe 3 or 4 months.

melmel1
4 months ago

@nutshell88 how’s it going

grandma
4 months ago

Are flu symptoms a side effect of Gilenya?. Don’t know anything about it but was on Avonex for 23 years and flu symptoms were a well known and very common side effect. Is Gilenya a pill or injection? Avonex was an injection and the side effects used to hit 2 hrs after injection, so I used to stick the needle in at 9.00 pm then the side effects used to hit when I was in bed. Can you do similar with your Gilenya?😂😍

leogirl
4 months ago

Hi Nutshell8, sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. I would continue to take the panadol if it makes you feel better, you can take two 500mg tablets every 4 to 6 hours but do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours. Hopefully they will help you sleep and you will feel better in the morning. X

stumbler
4 months ago

@nutshell88 , ensure you keep yourself hydrated.

nutshell88
4 months ago

@stumbler @grandma @leogurl
Thanks for your replies.

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1 feels like taming treatment. Which is annoying. But no side effects untill now except headaches every now and again.

melmel1
4 months ago

@nutshell88 whens the last time you had a relapse?

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1 its different from a patient to another. I get relapses every tear or several years even when I was off treatments for 9 years.
But the MS keeps playing around with my brain silently. When I was on Reber in 2010 and avonex I used to get relapses every month.

But again its different from a person to another group of people havent got well with Gilenya But not bad on Rebef

melmel1
4 months ago

@nutshell88 what do u tink ull do

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1 pardon?

melmel1
4 months ago

R u goimg to stay on gilenya @nutshell88

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1 my English isnt great sorry can you please say that again in another way

melmel1
4 months ago

How long jave u been on gilenya @nutshell88 and was rebif reall bad?

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1
If god allow me to live hehe and nothing serious accured with it yes I’ll stay for as long as its possible

nutshell88
4 months ago

It feels like water

melmel1
4 months ago

@nutshell88 i like your personality. X

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1
First you need to know how I am
Im not like most Saudis i dont even look like them i look like Syrians or turks
But i’m so skinny eater have never done a diet but its genetic and its the biggest problem in my life to be this thin

I was at uni I feel my body was too small to tolerate Rebef side effects with uni stress
I collapsed more than one was getting relapses during having it all types
Untill neurologist said tysapri lol I almost felt offended
I hate to feel weak
How about risking my young age because im weak
I have resistance kind of character bad temper sometime lol and stubborn
I think of MS as a face to face enemy

Regardless I think I’ve been on Gilenya since 10/2018 but im not sure

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1 and I was refusing treatment so bad and if i wasn’t concerned now because neurologist warnings I’d stop gelinya too

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1 hehe my personality is hyper I I like yours too full of life and you have a beautiful smile
My name is Reemy btw 31 years old women

nutshell88
4 months ago

@melmel1
Pardon my English I’m pure arabian lol

melmel1
4 months ago

@nutshell88 and your living in london at the moment? X

nutshell88
4 months ago

No, I visted london 5 years ago two weeks only then moves to edinburgh studied English and volunteered at cituzens advice
Stayed there two years then returned to my country Saudi Arabia still in Saudi

cameron
4 months ago

Gilenya makes you slightly more prone to infections. That’s why the winter flu injection is recommended. Should be a must for you later this year!

nutshell88
4 months ago

@cameron
I know you are right camefon but for some reason im anxious from all kind of meds ._. I’ll think about it

cameron
4 months ago

Do consider it – for a number of reasons. First off, now you’re on gilenya you’re not going to be able to have many vaccinations, because all llve vaccines e.g. for yellow fever or shingles are contraindicated. So it’s probable that the flu vaccination would be your only one! Secondly, an infection caught while you’re taking gilenya could be that much more serious because your white cell count is reduced. That could mean a worsening of the MS and/or bring on a relapse. My neuro was definite about it – he sees it as an essential preventive measure. Hope you’re feeling better soon. xx

nutshell88
4 months ago

My MS nurse said better forget about it idk why
I dont know what is yellow fever and shingles ._.

I never thought i’d get fever i was talking about the fact i dont get it often just recently on here ._. I always jenx myself its apparently gilenya
A friend of mine got hifever i was around it and develeopped it differently maybe she got flu and recovered fast

nutshell88
4 months ago

And when i got it it was first day period lol @cameron but im glad blood tests results came more than perfect as the dr said

cameron
4 months ago

The Yellow Fever vaccination I mentioned is necessary for travel to parts of Central and South America and sub-Saharan Africa. Shingles is an inflammatory condition which is definitely to be avoided! In the UK, vaccination against shingles is available free for people over 70 up to a certain age, i.e. the age range when you’re most likely to get it.

nutshell88
4 months ago

Flu was gone all of the sudden when i oppened my eyes yesterday
Im not sure what i did i had peppermint tea with teaclol in one cup
Hit milk 3 panadol tablets in two days
Slept earlier than usual
I hope it diesnt return today

Thank you all for your advices

cammo
4 months ago

@nutshell88 must be a really nasty virus if you are getting a fever while on Gilenya.
The Gilenya will reduce the immune response (fever/snotty nose etc).
I haven’t had a proper cold while on Gilenya as it represses the symptoms my wife and snot bag kids get.
A hot toddy sounds in order.

stumbler
4 months ago

@nutshell88 , it’s good to hear you’re feeling better. 🙂

nutshell88
4 months ago

@cammo it was nasty indeed i. felt throat and chest infection with it i panicked i was afraid it causes chest i fection
But wole up after couple if days i didnt feel the flu at all 🙂
@stumbler thank you

leogirl
4 months ago

@nutshell88.

That’s great you got rid if it so fast. Take it easy and look after yourself as you don’t want it coming back. X

nutshell88
4 months ago

@leogirl i didnt go to work yesterday because of it altho i recovered but i was afraid i stress myself
And i have a sickleave i hope u spell it like that
But today must go 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.